eggplant parm recipe??

Options
taycheese
taycheese Posts: 87 Member
im looking for a semi low calore eggplant parmesan recipe..anyone??

Replies

• jentris
    jentris Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When I am craving eggplant parm I make eggplant stacks.

I will grill the eggplant. (You can also lightly bread it, spritz with olive oil and bake it in the oven instead of frying).

Then on top I layer fresh tomato slices and some fresh mozarella slices.

I drizzle with some high quality olive oil and maybe some fresh basil but you could drizzle with tomato sauce too.

This seems to satisfy my craving, is much healthier and uses the plentiful summer veggies.

HTH!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Eggplant Parmesan
    This recipe makes 4 servings and each serving has 3-4 eggplant slices in them. Approximately 255 calories per serving.

Ingredients-
    1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced into 1/2″ slices.
    1/2 cup of panko whole wheat bread crumbs
    1/2 cup of fat free, low sodium parmesan cheese
    1 tbsp dried basil
    1 egg
    1 tbsp fat free milk
    1 cup of fat free mozzarella cheese
    1 cup of low calorie, low sodium marinara sauce.

Directions-
    1. Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
    2. In one bowl, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and dried basil- this will be the breadcrumb mixture.
    3. In another bowl, throughly stir the egg and milk.
    4. Coat each eggplant slice in the egg mixture, and then dip and coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
    5. Repeat for all the slices and place onto a non-stick baking sheet.
    6. Bake for 8 minutes, turn slices over and bake for another 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
    7. Plate three slices and spoon 1/4 cup heated low-cal marinara sauce and 1/4 cup fat free mozzarella on top.

Nutritional Information- Recipe makes 4 servings, each with 3-4 slices of eggplant. Nutrition is based on one serving.

Calories 255

Enjoy :flowerforyou: The nutritional information will be different depending on what brand of foods you use. :smile:
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    When I am craving eggplant parm I make eggplant stacks.

I will grill the eggplant. (You can also lightly bread it, spritz with olive oil and bake it in the oven instead of frying).

Then on top I layer fresh tomato slices and some fresh mozarella slices.

I drizzle with some high quality olive oil and maybe some fresh basil but you could drizzle with tomato sauce too.

This seems to satisfy my craving, is much healthier and uses the plentiful summer veggies.

HTH!

Ohhhh that sounds really good...
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • taycheese
    taycheese Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    sounds good colie, thanx~~~!!!!