pop pilates/blogilates

Options
Hi!
I am on Day 12 of Blogilate's beginners calender.

http://www.blogilates.com/calendar/beginners-calendar-for-popsters-just-starting-out

It's great. I am totally new to working out, so I am so thankful she put in so much effort to make it so easy. I really can't believe I've followed ANY workout program for 12 days!! That's such a big deal for me! I already feel stronger! Her peppy attitude was a little over the top for at first, but I think I like it more now. I add Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown every other day for more cardio and I highly prefer Cassey Ho's attitude.

OK, i'll stop. i promise she's not paying me to do this. haha

Anyways! What do you file Pop Pilates under on MFP?
The FAQ section on Blogilates says to file it under "Calisthenics" but there are 2 options:
Calisthenics-Vigorous Effort or Calisthenics, home, light-moderate effort

I am always dripping sweat and my muscles are burning after I'm done. Does that count as vigorous effort or am I just a weakling? The "vigorous effort" option is twice as many calories burned as the other one!

Just wondering what you do :)

Replies

• kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Cassie, she's totally awesome, I haven't followed a calender yet but plan to soon. I have a HRM so I log it as that, but I think Vigorous or Pilates
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try following her beginners calendar for the month of July if anyone wants to join me :)
  • kfdowley
    kfdowley Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'll join you on that :-)
  • Clawson528
    Options
    BUMP..
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Is this the one with Cassie? She is great.
  • Reepir
    Reepir Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the beginners calendar too! I log it under Pilates and use an outside calculator to see how many calories due to having different weight effets how many calories you burn per minute.

Her videos are so easy and I find myself just popping up with the stretching routine all the time cause I work at a desk in an office.
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try following her beginners calendar for the month of July if anyone wants to join me :)

U should start a group?
    I have 1 day left of 30 day shred. Then I may join u xxx
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Ok. I promise she's not paying me either, but Cassey Ho helped me get my body back! I absolutely LOVE her & her workouts are killer!
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Ok. I promise she's not paying me either, but Cassey Ho helped me get my body back! I absolutely LOVE her & her workouts are killer!

I may not do the July calendar thing. But I am gonna look into doing some of her workouts xx
  • LynnNeeds2Lose
    Options
    I love her workouts! I just started her July workout calender. I broke them up & did two this morning. I'm already sore but 3 more tonight, lol!

As for logging it. I log it as Vigorous if the workout is more of push-ups, sit-ups, pretty much if it was really challenging.
    If the workout wasn't too hard, or didn't have me sweating too much. I log it as light. Everyone's fitness ability is different. If your struggling and sweating, log it as hard or vigorous.
  • AMDLove
    AMDLove Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey! I did day 1 yesterday and I am so sore! I really like her and she is very informative. Let's do this!
  • zoodocgirl
    zoodocgirl Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Halfway through day 1 of the July calendar. D-Y-I-N-G. In a good way. I think.
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Finished day 2 of the beginner's calendar. The ABC Abs video was kind of silly but interesting I thought.

LoopyLaura mentioned starting a group for people doing the beginners calendar this month, so I just went ahead and did that, and I invited anyone who might be interested :) (No pressure to join of course!)
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I'm a Popster!

I've been doing the regular calenders since April I believe. I love them, they're so fun. I think I have noticed a difference in my body as well as my mind! I haven't taken measurements or recent photos for a long time, but I know my body is changing :)

I've done Jillians workouts, and I like them in their own respects, but with Cassie I just feel like I'm having a blast and don't feel bored that I'm repeating the same workout every day.

Love Cassie's recipes too!
  • kolibrina
    kolibrina Posts: 2
    Options
    I discovered Cassey's workouts back in March. I only did her beginners workouts at first and then moved up to her calendar by mid April. She inspires me to workout and cut the crap from my diet.

I lost a total of 7 kg or 15.4 lbs since March. I am doing the workouts on the calendar as often as I can although I like cardio days best. As she said you can tone your body as much as you like but you also need to get in your cardio to melt off the fat on top, which is covering your beautiful muscles.

Do her workouts and you'll see and feel the results.
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kaylammi
    kaylammi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for making the group! I've joined!