Legs are getting too big and muscular:(

Options
2»

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Do you have a picture of your legs? We tend to see ourselves very differently than other people do. That said, I find it hard to believe that Jillian Michaels videos are making you bulky. Maybe you are just retaining water.

Edited to add that I changed my profile pic to show my gigantic bulky calf.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Your legs won't get "bulkier" from doing a Jillian Michaels workout of any kind. If you do see "bulk" it is fat and not muscle. Actually adding muscle MASS is something people have to go out of their way and try very hard to do, following specialized eating and training plans, and this is exponentially so for women.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    You have to burn the fat off the legs to get that leaner look. Keep at it use own body weight.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I guess I need to start the JM programs then cause my legs could use some bulking. They are too skinny for me. Thanks for the tip! :flowerforyou:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I laughed out loud at the line in "Monsters University" where the little monster, Art, mentioned that he didn't want to get too big. If Disney gets it why can't people who are actually working out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwzM2rWwaZk
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I really wish these threads had before and after photos.

In what ways are your legs getting bigger? Measurements? Photos? Clothes fitting tighter?
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    I laughed out loud at the line in "Monsters University" where the little monster, Art, mentioned that he didn't want to get too big. If Disney gets it why can't people who are actually working out?

So tempted to watch this, but I will wait to see the whole movie! :)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

They did a good job of not giving anything away in the previews.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Tell me your secret because I'm trying to bulk up my legs

sign me up.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

it's the preview :)
  • MB_Positif
    Options

it's the preview :)

Haha, ok, I was worried it was like a whole scene from the movie! Hoping to take my son to see it soon.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    You will "bulk up" if you do a lot of low-weight, high-rep movements (this leads to type 1 muscle fiber hypertrophy, responsible for improvements in muscular endurance and "bulk"). Switch to a routine involving low-rep high weight movements (fewer than 8 reps to failure) to improve strength and get all the benefits of resistance training and a nice "toned" look without adding a lot of bulk.

Edit: You will only bulk up if eating at a caloric surplus. This is not a concern if at a deficit.
  • aliciabehr
    aliciabehr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing as the person who said they are 99.999 percent sure you don't have bulky legs. I can't imagine you having bulky anything, with such a slender build
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I am wondering what kind of results any of you have had doing jillians Killer Buns & Thighs? I have done many of her DVDs and am on level one of this one now. I'm really worried my legs will only get more muscular, and they are already bulky. I'm hoping for leaner legs, thin but not skinny. Any input will be much appreciated! Oh and I am 24, 5'5" and around 115lbs

at 5ft5 and 115lbs i am 99.999999% CERTAIN that you dont have bulky legs.....

Holy s...THIS. I'm an inch taller than you and know what 115 looks like on me. FAR from bulky....really very thin.

Besides that, there is absolutely no Jillian Michaels workout that will make anyone "BULKY" or turn your body into one like Jillian's, if that's your aim or concern.