4'10" and eats 2000 calories a day?! Eeegads. :-) PICS!

Options

Replies

• toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    What I do works for me. It may not work for everyone, but I just can't see myself living off of less than 1200 calories a day and running the way I do. I eat anywhere from 1600 to 2500 calories a day depending on my workout. Mostly, I run (about 50 miles a week), do P90x, strength train, and mountain bike.

Just because you're petite doesn't mean you have to eat like a little person. wink

You can eat more because you work out more. You sound as if you're very active and you're young. You probably spend a fair amount of time exercising, which is fine because you enjoy it and have the time. A short, petite woman who is sedentary or lightly active and who isn't in her 20s might not be able to eat as much as you do. it's not a contest. Everyone should do what's best for her.

Just an fyi, I am soon to be 45 and eat as much, maybe more than she does. And yes, I am also very active and do not eat crap food. I fuel my body the way it is supposed to be fueled. I have no idea why you made the its not a contest statement but it is responsible, to eat and move your body that is.

Thank you for this. I wanted to respond along the lines of "why do you feel the need to piss all over her hard work?", but you said it much better.

That's ridiculous. I'm not pissing over her hard work. The fact is, her example is unusual. Most 4'10" women cannot eat 2000 calories a day and lose weight. It's also a form of bragging that is irritating -- I CAN EAT WHATEVER I WANT! How very nice for her. it's not typical.
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    WOW
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    What is the lowest NET calories u end up with daily?? Because it sounds like u burn a ton. Ans kudos to u!!!!

Sometimes I do net a little. Maybe about 1000 cals
  • essjay76
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone. I appreciate the support.

I am not saying that what I do will work for everyone. I'm also not trying to make it a contest about how much I eat. I did state that I lost weight at a very small deficit. I am not currently losing at 2000. I've been maintaining my weight, but will have to create a small deficit again if I want to get down to a good racing weight.

While most average sized folks can get away with losing 1 to 2 pounds a week, I aimed for .25 to .5 lb a week.

It's not typical because most of my deficit came through exercise. I run a lot.

FYI - I'm turning 37 tomorrow. Am in much better shape than in my 20's. :drinker:
  • essjay76
    Options
    What a great journey from the college girl to the woman you are today, very inspiring! And the difference is very apparent, like your face looks transformed. The downside to being tall, I can lose 30lbs and no one would notice :laugh: .

HAHAHAHHAHAH! Thanks. You're right about being tall. There are pluses and minuses to both sides.
  • essjay76
    Options
    Smackin' hot girl! I don't even see how you can lose another 4% fat... but okay. :)

I am 4'9, and I want to weigh around 115lb, that's more than you, but I am big butted, big breasted, and big boned, so yeah, 110lb would be the least I would WANT to be, I think if I got below that I would look anorexic.

If was as active as you, I would literally DIE, I get tired out pretty fast because I put a lot of effort into a short amount of time. 2 hours of physical labour a day and I am down for the count, lol. Can't do anymore until the next day :P But I bet I burn calories like MAD!

I eat 1200-1400 cals a day right now, I try to meet all my macros, and I don't feel horrid. I walk 2 hours a week at a medium to fast past up a hill. and I also weight lift 3 days out of the week for 20mins.

I envy you to be able to do so much, I would love to do that. I do work hard at what I do, and I probably do have some issues that prevent me from doing all that you do. I get chest pains a lot (even when I was skinny I got them), I have pains in my feet a lot especially if I stand or walk on them too much, so I am trying. Baby steps baby steps!

Finally... you are HAWT!!! :P

Thank you! Lol. Yeah, ya gotta do what works for you. Everyone responds differently to diet and exercise. It's all about what works for your lifestyle.
  • essjay76
    Options
    You look fabulous and good for you on hitting your goals while still enjoying the good things in life. I'm 5'1 and also eat between 1700-2500 cals and steady losing, and I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only (small) one who eats big. Very inspirational!

Thanks! Always good to hear about fellow shorties that aren't afraid to eat :-)
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Great job and those legs! Yowza! You have some schmexy calves woman! :D
  • runrettarun
    Options
    Great job!! You look great!!
  • essjay76
    Options
    Total Bad *kitten* little lady! CONGRATULATIONS on winning your leg of the race and continued success! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: You should post your BMR and TDEE along with those daily calories. :wink:

Thanks! :-) Most calculators put me at 1200 for BMR and about 2000 for TDEE. I set my calorie goal to 2000 and typically don't eat my exercise calls back.
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Holy crap you look HOT. Before I saw your age in your profile I assumed you were in your early 20s. Well done.
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    DANG Girl! You Look FABULOUS!! Way to go!
  • bluebelltinkerbell
    bluebelltinkerbell Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, well done x
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    Rock on, my awesome friend!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Wow. You're a gorgeous little bada$$. Well done!
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    What I do works for me. It may not work for everyone, but I just can't see myself living off of less than 1200 calories a day and running the way I do. I eat anywhere from 1600 to 2500 calories a day depending on my workout. Mostly, I run (about 50 miles a week), do P90x, strength train, and mountain bike.

Just because you're petite doesn't mean you have to eat like a little person. wink

You can eat more because you work out more. You sound as if you're very active and you're young. You probably spend a fair amount of time exercising, which is fine because you enjoy it and have the time. A short, petite woman who is sedentary or lightly active and who isn't in her 20s might not be able to eat as much as you do. it's not a contest. Everyone should do what's best for her.

Lol that is why she said " what i do works for me." Honestly anyone can do what she does its just a matter of getting from sedentary to active age has nothing to do with it.
  • Th3stral
    Th3stral Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness for you! I'm 4'11" and pre baby was 92lb with and estimated 15% body fat and a size 0 in clothes. I ate all day, never counted calories and like you I looked and felt fabulous, I didn't loose my shape and I had boundless energy. I got so sick of the stereotypical nonsense like; "anyone under 100lb is making themselves ill", "people who are a size 0 have an eating disorder", "women with body fat lower than 20% will harm their periods" (I conceived first month trying at 92lb 15% with no previous reproductive problems!).

You are the perfect example that us small women don't always follow the mould and look healthy whilst feeling fabulous outside of the 'normal' statistics. A perfect example of sensibly allowing your body to be your guide.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    You are adorable NOW and adorable THEN. Awesome progress! I have a cousin your height... I should send her this link.

On another note, now I'm thinking, I'm NOT eating enough! lol! I eat around 2000 on average and 5'2".

Glad to see your post :flowerforyou:
  • JKS76
    JKS76 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi there fellow shortie /big eater! I was 37 yesterday too! How strange! Hope you had a lovely birthday xx ps. You look awesome and are inspiringly healthy and fit! Xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!