Needing a second boost!

Options
jdhobson
jdhobson Posts: 42 Member
Hello everyone, I have currently lost about 115 pounds overall in the past 14 months. It has really changed my life. I have recently stabilized in my weight loss and I am okay with that. Now, I am just looking to make better decisions and take care of my body without being concerned with losing much more weight.

All of my friends that originally downloaded the app have quit and I really enjoyed the interactions that I would have via MyFitnessPal. It is much easier to take care of your self when you are surrounded by others who also cherish and understand good health. I think if I had friends on the application, I would begin logging my daily routine each day.

Thanks!

Replies

• gracikle
    gracikle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi-
    congratulations on such a brilliant loss!!!
    i just started properly logging a month ago. i'm trying to loose and just generally get into the routine of a healthier lifestyle.
    i find this community really helpful feel free to add me. as i'm just in a healthy range i get sulky and have to remember to track half pounds and pounds to continue my motivation and have to remember to eat my calories from my exercise.

what are your next goals etc?

G
  • cataneo
    cataneo Posts: 1
    Options
    Congratulations, way to go, I just start yesterday, it is very difficult for me to loose way because of the Thyroid but I thought I'll give this program a try, by the way, what you do when you have cravings ?:smile:
  • jdhobson
    Options
    hi-
    congratulations on such a brilliant loss!!!
    i just started properly logging a month ago. i'm trying to loose and just generally get into the routine of a healthier lifestyle.
    i find this community really helpful feel free to add me. as i'm just in a healthy range i get sulky and have to remember to track half pounds and pounds to continue my motivation and have to remember to eat my calories from my exercise.

what are your next goals etc?

G

Awesome, I'll send you a request.

I started at 340 pounds and put my goal on here as 220 pounds. I am at 225 right now. My utlimate goal is 200 pounds, but I would like to lose the last 20 pounds over the course of a longer span. My goal now is to establish a lifestyle that will continue on past "dieting". I would like to have good habits that I can share with my children in the future, rather than bad habits that were exposed to me. (I am from the South) - I just want to feel good, that's my true goal and at the moment.. I do feel good.
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Comgrat's on your weight loss that is Awesome. I'm sending you a request. I will not be going Anywhere. Best wishes to you on the rest of your journey to your new life. Terri :smile:
  • jdhobson
    Options
    Congratulations, way to go, I just start yesterday, it is very difficult for me to loose way because of the Thyroid but I thought I'll give this program a try, by the way, what you do when you have cravings ?:smile:

The doctor originally told my that I also had something wrong with my Thyroid. Establishing a healthy lifestyle will be extremely beneficial for you, even if you have trouble losing the weight. Patience has been a big part of my success. When I have cravings, I make sure that if I am going to give in to those cravings that I eat something good for me. But I also think in my head about what I have recently ate and why I might still be hungry. I feel like I am always searching for a solution rather than giving in to them. Also, I drink a lot of water.

Good luck to you! I will send you a request.
  • jenniferharrisricard
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss!!!