I am so scared...what if I stay like this???

Options
Hello...tomorrow is going to be my first day of my weight loss and wellness program. I am not too overweight (4 ft 11 and 127 lbs) but I am petite and EVERY little bit shows...especially after a kid.
I have a desk job as many of us do but by the time I get home prep the supper and get my daughter to bed I am just exhausted. My fiance and I are getting married next year and frankly he has one of those bodies he can eat anything and it doesn't show.
I want to be that radiant person I know I can be instead of constantly looking in the mirror wondering if my gut is poking out or will the weight of my boobs just break my back!!!
Please let me know if this anxiety is normal. What if I make these changes and it is all for naught?

Replies

• lindacoombs1
    Options
    If you keep going there is no way it won't work, have faith! :) What are you planning to do? I just did insanity and lost 26 pounds in the 60 days but I still have 50 more to go, I am 5'8. I order focus t25 and will be starting it next week.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Do not stress yourself out. There is probably no one on this site that did not have doubts when we started out. Scroll through the site and see how much everyone has lost and keep telling yourself we all started with that first step. Remember it is the little things that will make a difference so do not get in a rush. You did not put the weight on overnight and will take a while to take it off. Set little goals for yourself and it will give you a great boost when you reach it. Like a smaller size clothes, walking up stairs easier and getting more energy. Just hang in there and you can do if you want to. Good luck and remember you are not just doing it for yourself but for the people you love and love you.:flowerforyou:
  • GClapper71
    Options
    Hello everyone, I have been using this site for a few months now. I broke down and bought a tredclimber in January and was on it every night. My cholesterol was getting better but I was not losing any weight. I went for a require medical exam for work and the doctor told me about my fitness pal. This site has been my saving grace. I was getting so depressed working out every night and not seeing any results, but this site combined with my tredclimber is working I am down 26 lbs and I see light at the end of the tunnel. I still have 75lbs to go but every week the gap gets smaller. I have told everyone that will listen about this site. I still eat what I want to and god knows I am not a healthy eater.... I do not do fruits & veggies :) But this site lets me know how long I need to work out to keep under my calorie goals each day and it does help me to eat a tuna fish sandwich for lunch instead of a 1/4 pounder with cheese. Don't give up... We Can Do This!
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I would consider lifting weights. It will burn off fat and tone you up. They will help get rid of some "fat" you have.

I am 4'9 so I know how you feel, I am pretty heavy, but I was 115 at one time, because I had no toning though, I thought my belly was kinda fatty. This time around I am kicking that part of thinking in the rear. I work on toning 3x a week for 20mins.

I did a session last night. Today my muscles were fatigue (like I was holding a dumb bell every time I stretched my arms today) I am starting to feel some soreness now though, so tomorrow I am going to be VERY sore. I'll try to lift weights again tomorrow because that will stretch them out (and yes it will be painful, lol).

It's worth it. I am going to have some decent toning by the time I lose all my weight.

Just an idea for you. Good luck :)
  • shell1379
    shell1379 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Don't worry as long as you press on and endure you will be fine with your weight loss goal. It is normal to have anxiety especially after child birth when your body changes even a little bit but with hard work you will be where you want to be.
  • vtx1800trike
    Options
    At my highest I was about 245 lbs and a 63 year old male about 6' 1.5". Lost 20-25 basically without effort or exercise. After dropping to about 218 at 65, and with my wife being diagnosed with diabetes I knew I had to get more aggressive and get in better shape myself. Was fortunate enough that my medicare supplement policy entitled me to a free gym membership. I'm rather conservative in my approach due to a bad back and neck, but found out that although I have trouble walking (and treadmill is out of the question), I am able to use a stationary bike without it messing up my back and have been doing weight resistance at the level that a 12 year old girl might use. Since April 24th I dropped to 202 with the use of the food diary. Burning about 300 calories on the bike 4 or 5 days a week I was making progress. One week of not watching calories I've gotten back to 208 (bother)! My initial goal is to drop below 200 for the first time in 35 years, and the ultimate goal is to reach 185-190 before the summer ends. Although the exercise fat burn works, I wonder why no calorie burn is shown for weight training. I do keep reminding myself that it is a journey more than a goal. I do not drink much but do love a beer or three on occasion. "Scared," if we work at it, it will happen; just maybe not as quickly as we wish. Hang in there! There is very little we can do in cutting calories and increasing exercise that will hurt us. We can make it. Discipline is not necessarily an inborn treat. If we slip a bit we just need to get back on the horse and ride it again. Best of luck (to us all) and let's just adapt, overcome, and persevere!
  • touchafaith
    touchafaith Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the same boat as you. I have 2 children and the youngest is 4 months old so I virtually have no time to exercise in the day at all and by the time the kids are asleep I'm about ready to crash out myself. But the past 2 weeks I've lost 5lbs on my eating alone so if you slowly started by changing your diet first you can always add in exercise whenever you feel your able to and the weight will slowly but surely start coming off. It's working for me so far. Good luck and just keep at it x
  • lharripersad
    Options
    Thank you all so very much. I burst into tears reading this support - my fiancé said he will quit smoking if I stuck to this. These are both really hard things for us to do. I promise I won't let you guys down - I printed and kept this post because of your kindness and encouragement. - Day 1 looks positive after all. Hugs!!!!
  • amaira515
    amaira515 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello...tomorrow is going to be my first day of my weight loss and wellness program. I am not too overweight (4 ft 11 and 127 lbs) but I am petite and EVERY little bit shows...especially after a kid.
    I have a desk job as many of us do but by the time I get home prep the supper and get my daughter to bed I am just exhausted. My fiance and I are getting married next year and frankly he has one of those bodies he can eat anything and it doesn't show.
    I want to be that radiant person I know I can be instead of constantly looking in the mirror wondering if my gut is poking out or will the weight of my boobs just break my back!!!
    Please let me know if this anxiety is normal. What if I make these changes and it is all for naught?

I wish I had to worry about the weight of my boobs....

All boob jealousy aside though if you work at it you will do it. Just take it one step at a time. If your problem is bad food just start gradually swaping out bad food for good. Instead of ranch dressing on a salad try a lighter dressing. Instead of a bowl of chips or butter covered popcorn for a snack try cut up veggies plain or with hummus or another healthy dip. If portion is an issue buy small plates. That might sound stupid but mindless eating is a HUGE contributor to weight gain. We will eat what is on our plates but if we have smaller plates then we eat less food without feeling deprived. I eat on small plates and let my fiance eat on the "regular" size plates and I've cut my servings in half that way without feeling like I'm missing out on anything. (I put regular in quotes because what we consider regular plates would be considering serving plates in the early 1900s go to an antique store and you'll see what I mean)

By the way my fiance is the same way drives me nuts.
  • lharripersad
    Options
    I have faith WE will get there!