Slim Pasta-Any reviews!

Options
jgoff3003
jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
Hey Ladies and Gents!

I loooooove pasta! and i have recently switched to wholemeal pasta but it is still high in cals and carbs. I have been told about Slim Pasta (http://slimpasta.com.au/) and I was wondering if anyone has tried this and what they think. I am always hesitant with low fat mircale foods as I am worried about the sugar and the taste!

Thanks guys

Replies

• EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    It's basically the same as shiritaki noodles, look the up online there's tons of reviews and directions on how to cook. They're basically not at all like real pasta but I still like them. They're super rubbery in texture but very filling, and they are quite high in fiber. Some people love them, some people can't stand them, it's really a matter of taste, just don't expect pasta. :)
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have some in the cupboard that someone gave me. They didn't like it at all.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have tried them recently and I think they are quite weird. The whole texture is rubber like and do not feel like eating a food. They are kind of tasteless, and if you wash them well, the smell goes away too. However I cold not get pass the rubber like texture. I ended up throwing the whole bag out.
  • zeegee2
    zeegee2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Theyre also very popular asian noodles, otherwise known as shiritaki noodles. Based on the website, they look like the exact same thing! I'd recommend not purchasing them from the website your looking at because your probably getting ripped off. You can find them at your local asian supermarket for around $1.50 a pack. Just ask someone who works there because the labels are hard to read.
    Unfortunatly, from my experience with Shiritaki noodles, they werent very good. They have a fishy odour when you take them out of the package and you have to rinse them quite a few times to get the smell out. Pasta is definatly better, but Shiritaki noodles can be okay if you prepare them good I guess! Maybe you'll like them more than I did, Good luck!
  • AnotherJenn
    AnotherJenn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Have you tried spaghetti squash? It's pretty good, if prepared correctly it even resembles angel hair pasta. 45 calories per cup.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Have you tried spaghetti squash? It's pretty good, if prepared correctly it even resembles angel hair pasta. 45 calories per cup.
    Can you elaborate on that? What is that , and where can you buy it?
  • prettythinlove
    prettythinlove Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I had the spaghetti from the Slim Pasta range last night and it was awesome. You just need to wash it properly before. Easy to cook and really filling!
    Yet to try the Angel hair. Anyone have any good recipes to go with angel hair??
  • hirize217
    Options
    A spaghetti squash is a largish yellow winter squash. They are readily available in most produce departments, even in smaller towns. It is baked (or microwaved) til soft. You can find directions on line very easily. When cooked, you take a fork and draw out the meat of the squash like raking it (this becomes very clear as soon as you try it for the first time) and the resulting vegetable resembles a golden spaghetti. It doesn't have a strong taste, so it works well with about any type of seaoning or sauce. Again, it will not taste like pasta, but it is filling and my hubby will eat it with no complaints.
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get over the smell. It smelt like plastic! Great concept, poor delivery
  • haybay86
    haybay86 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've had Slim Pasta a few times now and I think it's amazing. No, it's not like real pasta.. cause it's made from a vegetable. It has a fishy smell but as long as you rinse it, it's fine. I'm eating it right now and i'm loving it.

The main thing here is, It has like 7 calories!! NO carbs! I am doing a very low carb diet right now and this is perfect. I can still eat spaghetti!! Oh and they have Slim Rice now too!! So i had indian the other day and it was awesome. I'm not missng out on foods i love and that's the seller for me. I'm a huge fan :-)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    What sugar? What taste? Cook them in boiling water for about 5 mins & done. Buy Changs low cal noodles (exactly the same thing) for about $1 less. Make sure you cook them though AFTER draining & washing them.
  • luan999
    luan999 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i just could not cope with the texture...made me throw up!the "rice" looks like tapeworm segments lol!.....i threw whole lot in bin...dogs would not touch them either lol!:wink:
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Mix them in with eggs and/or live bait. Trust me, the fish won't know the difference :P
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I don't mind them if the sauce is strongly flavoured, like a spicy stirfry or a meaty bolognaise. Don't try them with pesto or any other lighter sauce, or in asian dishes where there isn't much sauce (like rice paper rolls etc)
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I didnt like them....reminded me of 2 minute noodles. If i have pasta these days i go all out...but i only have it once or twice a month :)
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have it, I love it. Just keep in mind it is not pasta, and don't expect it to taste like it! If you don't expect a pasta taste it's not too bad with tomato pesto, or spag bol sauce :)
  • AnsiStar
    AnsiStar Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    The Eat Water range is Europe's answer to shiritaki noodles. To me they taste exactly the same as each other so just go with whichever is cheaper haha

I would suggest not boiling in water but dry frying them and then adding your sauce. They get a slightly less watery rubbery feel then. I'm not put off by texture so for me they were a life saver! They work best with stir fry sauces but definitely work in Italian dishes too. Make sure you rinse the hell out of them first though! Just til the fishy smell goes.

Have you ever had vermicelli rice noodles? They're the same texture as those ^_^
  • kayjay1994
    Options
    I actually love the stuff! The texture is a bit unusual, but it's amazing if you cook it as sort of an Asian stir-fry style dish!
    I've managed to make an awesome one of those that's ~60 calories a serve!
    It smells a but funny when you open it too, so you DO need to wash the noodles before you use them :)
  • xjmcx
    xjmcx Posts: 27
    Options
    I don't mind them... I generally mix them through some mixed salad leaves, and add some Thai dressing and chilli prawns! Amazing! The texture is a little different... I didn't find it bad but :)