Boots Weighing Scales. (UK)

Options
2»

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    DO NOT USE THEM! For weeks I had been tearing my hair out wondering why my weight was fluctuating so much, adding upto 6lbs over 24 hours. I weighed myself yesterday at the gym and was 205. In Boots I was 211 and this was within 24 hours! A fellow MFP friend Lozald also pointed out similar results, i'm so thankful.. I was getting really irritated and thought I was losing my mind. As of now I will only use the gym scales.. But a word of warning do not use the boots scale, they even kept measuring my height wrong, bf% would go up despite sometimes weight going down. So annoying but i'm glad I know now, just stick to one scale and see how it goes
    So because one scale in your local boots is off all the scales in every boots is off. What a strange concept. How do you know your gym scales weren't off? Why don't you ask boots if there scales have been calibrated and checked recently? Then ask the same at your gym. That way you may be able to work out your true weight.
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry, but I first read this thread title as "Boobs Weighing Scales."

I almost choked up a hairball and thought, "Wow, that's fascinating! I've never heard of such a thing. I wonder how much mine weigh?"

Thanks for the laugh. :-)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Uhhh, weight can fluctuate up to 10 pounds in any 24 hour period. If you aren't weighing at the same time, under the same conditions, you can't make reasonable comparisons.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The scales in my local Boots are off too. I got weighed twice in a row and it gave me two different weights, that were 8 pounds different. And 4 stone (56 pounds) heavier than my scales and the doctor's scales weighed me! It also measured my height at 5 foot 4. And then 5 foot 7. I'm 6 foot! :noway: