Over the hump...26 lbs to go!

Options
Hey everyone, Derek here. I've struggled with weight over the past 10 years quite a bit, but when I weighed in on Jan. 1st, 2013 at 246 lbs...I was more than ready to do something about it. In 4 months I lost 30 lbs, but have been static and unenthused the last 2 months. I decided for myself that Monday, July 1st, 2013 would be another jumpstart for me to achieve the same motivations and goals that I made for myself back in January. I am over the 'hump' so to speak, having lost 30 lbs...but I still have 26 to go.

Anyone have a similar story or similar amount of weight they want to lose? I'd like to have some weight loss friends to be accountable to, that will get me to the end of this journey of mine. Guys or Girls,...especially girls :)

Just me in a nutshell: Male, 40, 6'2", weight training 3 days week, tennis and golf.

drop me a line...introduce yourself. I want to keep up with using MyfitnessPal to track my eating with my phone and stick with this to the end. Its a tall order, but I want to be down to 199 by August 26th, and to my goal weight of 190 for my birthday on Sept. 26th.

Lets hear your story and get some results!

Replies

• kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like.... I mean your deadline for 199 is my birthday, so it seems like we shoudl be friends....
  • dgb26
    dgb26 Posts: 77
    Options
    Also...my methods of eating are trying to eat at least 4 times a day, and only the healthiest of foods. There are a few things that are borderline...but sometimes convenience plays a part. I am drinking only water, for the exception of skim milk in my protein supplement after workout shakes.

I have decided cardio is too awful to bear at the gym, so I have taken up tennis again after at least 10 years. I will leave the gym for weight training only.

Hit me up, I am super motivated to make great strides fast!
    My profile is an open book...have a read.

Derek