colon cleanse

Options
I have been doing some research on colon cleansing and wanted to know if it helps to colon cleanse while trying to lose weight? If any one has any information, please let me know

Replies

• TheresaB
    Options
    I have been doing some research on colon cleansing and wanted to know if it helps to colon cleanse while trying to lose weight? If any one has any information, please let me know
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Waste of money and time.

No offense. You may lose a little weight after a cleansing, but it will come right back. Your colon does a good job of cleaning itself.
  • hoyt00
    Options
    Hi. In actuality, cleansing can help with weight-loss especially if you do it on a regular basis 3-4 times a year. Maintaining any kind of cleanse is the key to permanent weight-loss from it.

Good luck!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    If you are backed up, take it. Not to be used for weight loss. Talk to your doctor. He/she will tell you no.
  • tracyhavey
    Options
    I have done the colon cleanse and honestly thought you stayed home for the weekend and "blasted" everything out, not the case, it's a month long process. It took too long to notice an instant weight loss. But it is recommended to do a colon cleanse 3-4 times a year.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    That's just nuts. We were created/evolved to take care of that stuff just fine naturally.
  • fatauntie
    Options
    I am ignorant, is this something you buy at the store? Is this an enema that you are doing on yourself? 3-4 times a year, I can understand but I would imagine that it is quite uncomfortalbe!!!!!!!!!!!
    Excuse me while I clean my ___ out, be back in a few hours, ha, ha!