feel like im not getting anywhere.

Options
im 25, was always within my weight rage. 110-120 pds-tops. i had a baby and started slowely working out but the past few months i really kicked my butt in gear. i eat healthy, count calories, have been doing the burn fat boost metabolism dvd from jillian michaels and havent lost much weight. i dont sit around for the rest of the day either. i work out, take care of my 6 month old, clean the house ie. constantly moving on top of my morning work out. but lieki said, its been months and ive lost maybe 3 pds. i just started her 30 day shred dvd today and joined this site so im hoping ill start to loose more. i have 17 pds more to go till mr pre pregnancy weight and 22 for my goal which is back at 115.

Replies

• tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    sounds like you're burning a lot of calories,are you tracking them,and are you eating enough?
  • somaja
    somaja Posts: 21
    Options
    I am in the same place. I have 13 lbs to get to 115 and it seems like it is not coming off. I think when we have so little to loose it may take more time. Im not sure. It also sounds like maybe you need to eat more. If you are eating 1100 cals and working out and not eating your workout calories that may be the culprit. Good luck!!
  • denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    hmm well like i said my total instake a day is 1100-1200. on another site i am on, fitwatch. u put in your info, it tells u how many calories u should get in a day and then defict of 1000 calories to loose weight, for me, would be 1200.
    also, how excatly does it all work- if i eat/drink 1200 calories and burn off some of that from working out, plus daily stuff, wouldnt that be a good thing? as opposed to eating more because im working out?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I would say its been not even a month since joining MFP ..I would give yourself a full month with one program and then compare results...3lbs is still a loss ....take today and look back when 9/27 comes around and track your progress its gong to take time technically 20 weeks or so to lose 17lbs and then longer to learn how to maintain.....stick with it and try not to get caught up in the days and concentrate more on your choices and exercise...it will come off..good luck
  • smwulf
    smwulf Posts: 5
    Options
    This program gave me 1200 calories a day...but that's too much. How many calories a day are you eating? And are they "good" calories? Like egg whites, tuna, veggies...not empty calories. When I dropped my calorie count down to between 600-800 and started doing more cardio workouts, I can see a big difference in the weight loss. I'm losing about 2 lbs per week which was my goal. I have 17 more to get to 125. Mine was baby related too - so I feel your pain!
  • denisec26
    Options
    thanks!
  • denisec26
    Options
    and yah im usually between1100-1200..all good healthy food, no junk.
    Options
    This could be due to a number of factors - you mention that you've just had a baby, during pregnancy a womens metabolic rate increases and this can take upto 6 months to return back to normal after pregnancy and sometimes even longer, so although you are burning a high number of calories your metabolic rate is gradually reducing back to normal which affects your bodys ability to burn energy. Are your workouts primarily targetted at cardio? have you tried doing some light weights to improve muscle tone, the more muscle, the more calories are burned during cardio. I have found that circuit training is one of the most effective ways for people of all shapes and sizes to lose body fat. just once or twice a week for an hour can make a huge difference.
  • smwulf
    smwulf Posts: 5
    Options
    OOps - just saw your response. You have to drop calories down. Honestly 1200 a day you won't lose weight unless you're doing HOURS of cardio - and being a mom, I know that's not happening!! :) Try 800 and try burning at least 400 during workout. I don't know how many your workout burns, I'd think it's pretty close to that.
  • vari3tytonight
    Options
    I feel your pain . .. I'm trying to lose weight that I gained after I quit breatfeeding SIX YEARS AGO! It's so frustrating . This site is my new beginning, and I really hope it helps!
  • denisec26
    Options
    thanks again. my babygirl just turned 6 months so if the metabolism is the factor, hopefully it fixes itself soon. haha
    and i have been doing jillian micahels burn fat, boost metabolism..which kills me...its been a while and i still cant do all 7 circuts..about 5 or 6 out of the 7 though. an di just started her 30 day shred to see if that helps more