Need more encouragement for a my fresh start

Options
Hevenerk
Hevenerk Posts: 48 Member
I had a goal to loose 100 lbs and run a half marathon. I did both in the last year and it felt great to hit both goals that seemed so unreal when i first started this journey. However in the past two months since running the half i have lost focus and have not been great about diet and exercise, i haven't been horrible but not having a goal has stopped me from being as driven as I once was and i have put 10 lbs back on. So with this realization I have signed up to run my second half marathon in Cleveland on Oct 6th....let the training begin.

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job! I'd love to help motivate you to continue on your journey. You had a little slip, glad you caught it right away and are back on track!!!

Feel free to add me
    Nancy
  • jackiemcbride906
    Options
    First off congratulations on your journey last year! What an amazing accomplishment!! You can do anything you put your mind too and you have proven that! having a goal or something to work towards will definatly help you stay on track to achieve your further goals! You just hit a bump in the road and you will fly down that hill with more drive for your new adventure!! What are you doing to help you reach your new goal and become more fit in October? I would love to be able to motivate you daily! Fell free to add me!
  • Hevenerk
    Hevenerk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The goal is the run this half marathon in less time than it took to run the first one 2:40:56 (is it strange that i don't even have to look that up).
    So to answer the question of what I'll be doing, mostly a lot of running about 25 miles a week as I get closer to the date of the race.
    But I also plan on doing a lot of cross training this time, specifically working on my core muscles.
    And of course eating right, which is actually harder for me than running the 13.1 miles, I just love good food :)
  • pootle69
    pootle69 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Amazing loss, please feel free to add me.