Goal Reached, Now What?

Options
DanOhh
DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
I reached my goal today, to get below 200 lbs. Thanks MFP! I started my journey of weight loss back in the middle of January 2010, on my wife's B-day when she got the Wii Fit. I lost about 30 lbs. before I joined MFP back in April. I really needed MFP because I was leveling off and a little lost on my calorie intake. MFP has worked great and I've lost another (more difficult) 46 lbs. since joining in April.

Now that I've graduated, NOW WHAT? I've been on a 2 lbs. a week goal since joining and now I think I'll cut it in half and switch to a 1 lb. a week loss. This puts my daily calorie goal into the 1700's which is up from the 1300's. This looks huge to me. Which is great. I'll cont. to do around the same amount of exercise so I can prep for the winter and around the holidays switch to 'maintain'.

Thanks MFP and good luck to everybody reaching your own goals! I'm sticking around and still logging but at least now I'll stress a little less when I have an off day. Good Luck and continued MFP success to everybody!!

P.S. the old me would have celebrated by going out and 'pigging out' at restaurant and put myself back over my goal.

Replies

• rockinmomto3
    rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Good job!
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Congrats!!!! :drinker: <----That's water, btw :laugh:
  • bloblynda
    bloblynda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    So good to hear about a goal reached. It helps the rest of us to realise that we can do it too. Good idea to keep up the exercise and fitness and just maintain a healthy weight. But keep watching! the pounds have a tendency to creep back on sneakily.
    Well done :drinker:
  • bevdc
    bevdc Posts: 18
    Options
    Great ! Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • steph_armstrong
    Options
    WOOOHOOO!!! Congratulations DanOhh!! You are awesome.
  • trickyfoxster710
    trickyfoxster710 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep in touch so we know how maintaining goes... I am sure it has its own challenges! Wishing you the best of luck!!!
  • Raynedancer
    Raynedancer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC !!!!!
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You have done so well and should be so proud! What an amazing accomplishment!
  • kerrera
    kerrera Posts: 43
    Options
    Well done you! amazing infact as its friday and bank holiday here in the UK i feel its appropriate to say we are all amazing from 7lb loses to 150lb loses. Long live MFP
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Wooo Hooo! Job well done! Good idea on the halfing the goal for a bit, just to see how your body reacts. Keep track and let us know how you are doing! Don't be a stranger!
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is awesome! Congrats! I have never reached my goal when I've tried losing weight, you just gave me hope that maybe this time I will make it! I know I have always been told that when you make the change to your lifestyle to lose weight it has to be for LIFE! So I guess you just keep doing what you're doing but you should be able to add a few calories back in so you don't continue to lose weight. I personally think you probably still need the support of others to stay on track even though you are not still trying to lose, just like people that stop drinking or drugs you still need to have support to keep up the right lifestyle etc. Be super proud of yourself you did it! That is so cool! But don't celebrate too much. Ha Ha.
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    What a great success! Congrats!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Trying finding an "active" hobby that you can focus on increasing your performance.

I haven't reached my goal yet, but focusing on training for a Half Marathon kind of makes the weight un-important to me. Because I know if I do the training, and log my food and excersise the rest will take care of itself. Once the Half is over I'll have to find something else to keep me going.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Change from a scale goal to a fitness goal. That is where I am because then you can constantly find new ones that have nothing to do with that "number"

Mine: I want to run a 5k road race with my daughter. I can do over 5k on the treadmill now but I want to be able to do it on the road in race situation and be proud of the result.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    ...and you should also go listen to "Like a Rock" by Bob Seger and think "I'm that guy again!"
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Yeah Dan that's so great!! I'm SO excited for you. You have done great, and thanks for sticking around! I don't know what I would do without your WTG!'s and Greats! :D:heart: You rock DanOhh!!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    You have been a great inspriration, I am sure you will do whatever you set out to do
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    SO HAPPY FOR YOU DAN! :bigsmile: And I have to add I'm glad you are still going to stick around here with us...its nice to have you still here cheering us on to our own goals! I enjoy your comments each & every day! :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Congrats,,, the deal now is to maintain. I quit logging a while back and I just eat sensibly now, using the good habits I formed when logging every bite. So far I'm doing fine, maintaining within my 'zone',,, up a couple/down a couple.

I weigh daily and I have a "panic number" - if I ever see 210 again I'll be right back to logging. So far so good.
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I am halfway there too :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!