Gained 10 pounds in two Weeks

Options
I'm freakin out because I gained 10 pounds in two weeks. I'm a stress eater and I have been over eating, but really 10 pounds. I've still worked out every day for 30 minutes. ugh!!!!

Replies

• AFilmer
    AFilmer Posts: 22
    Options
    I have done something similar. I used to wrestle and the week after wrestling ended I gained 10 pounds. the best advice I have is to just tell yourself no to food. Drink lots of water, this may make your number on the scale go up a bit but it will just be water weight, not fat.

also you can up your workout time, if you cant do that, then increase the intensity of the workouts.

finally chew gum. that's what I do to stay away from food or snacks. I chew gum basically all day.
  • georgeadelaide
    georgeadelaide Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Remember that 1 pound of fat is equal to 3,500 calories.

I honestly doubt that you have eaten 35,000 excess calories in 2 weeks,

Just scale back a bit over the next few days, drink lots of water, eat lightly and I'm almost positive that the scales will say something totally different in a few days.

It's probably just a case of a bit of overindulgence and water weight. Give you body some time to settle down :)
  • chriscollins4
    chriscollins4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had almost 2 weeks of vacation time recently and gained nearly 10lbs. Trust me on this though, you did not gain 10lbs of fat. Get back on the wagon (be honest about it w/ yourself) and the "weight" will come off because most of it is water and all the junk in your system. I shredded the 8lbs in 3 days with some serious cardio and sticking to my calories..... and LOTS of water!

We all do it, so don't beat yourself up about it.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    Water and glycogen probably make up a significant portion of that, not fat. Just get back on track.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have done something similar. I used to wrestle and the week after wrestling ended I gained 10 pounds. the best advice I have is to just tell yourself no to food. Drink lots of water, this may make your number on the scale go up a bit but it will just be water weight, not fat.

also you can up your workout time, if you cant do that, then increase the intensity of the workouts.

finally chew gum. that's what I do to stay away from food or snacks. I chew gum basically all day.

Um, this is the worst response ever. She wants to not stress eat, not starve herself.

Just clear your head. The past is done. Start fresh today. Emotional eating can be really hard to control, so maybe try to keep yourself busy. Write or paint or do something with your hands that keeps your focused on something else. Or do a puzzle or crossword or something. If I put my attention on something else, it helps me keep the emotional eating under control until I'm actually hungry.

Last, it's probably not all weight from gained fat. If you've been overeating it could be sodium, sugar etc. Drink a lot of water to flush yourself out and eat good, whole foods. :)