what do you think about SUGAR?

Options

Replies

• astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I think you should look at information from a different source--not Corn Refiners Association! There is a ton of evidence that says HFCS is the devil.
  • joleciamichelle
    joleciamichelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Government subsidies for corn growers encourage over-production of corn which has led to derivatives of corn in most things that we eat. I'm not buying anything that the corn growers association is selling. Many things, even HFCS are not terrible when taken in moderation. My problem with HFCS is that it's literally in EVERYTHING and it's usually one of the primary ingredients.
  • FlashBang
    FlashBang Posts: 136
    Options
    The body does metabolism this stuff a little differently. A person who is eating healthy, unless it all the calories they get, will not be eating enough of it to matter. If you are a world class athlete, it might be a concern. I am far more concerned about artificial sweeteners.
  • frabjak
    frabjak Posts: 16
    Options
    Yeah, of course the Corn Refiners Association is going to put a positive spin on it!

I'll stick with my food that isn't created in a labratory.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I agree with you all, they are trying to convince us otherwise but I know my body runs better with less sugar in any form as a matter of fact! I just need to stick to the basic food pyramid and as someone said anything is ok in moderation!

I am not a fan of artifical sugar or chemicals...
  • FitRosie
    FitRosie Posts: 13
    Options
    I prefer real sugar over HFCS and all the artificial sweeteners out there. Splenda, sweet and low, and equal don't agree with me. I get really bad stomach aches and even migraines. I haven't really tried the natural alternatives like stevia and agave yet though. Overall I prefer to stick with honey or raw sugar.
  • antiadipose
    Options
    if u watch the movie "Food Inc" ull know that a website like this could buy/hire 100000 Medical Doctors and Health care professionals to prove the HFCS is not dangerous at all. when in fact, it is!