How to Relax?

Options
Psyb3r
Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
Ok, perhaps I am weird (most likely the case actually), but I have a hard time relaxing and doing nothing. For example, my husband and I were planning on camping the 4th through the 7th but it's supposed to rain so (although I don't mind camping if it will rain some of the time, I don't want to go if all it's going to do is rain) we're going to stay home instead. When we go camping, if we're not hiking, then we're relaxing around the fire/ sitting in the tent talking, and just generally enjoying nature etc. Since I can't be at home doing that forever long list of home improvements, or cleaning or any of the other random things (TV etc) I could do at home, I have to relax and I completely enjoy it.
The problem is if we don't go camping, I have a really hard time just sitting around the house doing nothing. I feel like I'm wasting time that I could use to do that list of things around the house, or cleaning more, or just about anything other than relaxing. If I do watch tv or just sit around the house for those 4 days, then I feel like I will have wasted that time.

All of that leads me to my question of, does anyone else feel like this? If so, what do you do, work or don't work? Also, how do I stop feeling guilty for not doing anything and not feel like I wasted the weekend?

:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Replies

• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're weird, or I am too. :laugh: I just prefer to think of it as driven
  • Psyb3r
    Options
    :laugh: Driven is a good word!
  • Psyb3r
    Options
    Anyone else?
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I would be working, I'm not one for sitting around doing nothing. Maybe rent some movies, invite friends over.