Sugar grams

Options
I'm confused by the grams of sugar I'm allowed using MFP. It allows me 28 grams per day, but if I have 2-3 servings of fruit I go over that limit, and that's not counting any other sugars that are in other foods. I can understand not having foods with added sugar, but 28 grams seems low to me if you eat fruit. I'm puzzled. Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• lynnette514
    lynnette514 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nevermind. I just searched other posts about sugar and found that I can disregards the natural sugars in fruit. I should've checked other posts first. I'm new here :laugh:
  • tgr1025
    tgr1025 Posts: 3
    Options
    I posted the same thing on another board and this is the response from another member

"MPF tracks all sugar intake but it's intent is to track added sugar, not fruit/veggie sugar. That said, unless you have specific metabolic issues that react poorly to sugar and unless you're not being conscientious about meeting your macro and micro needs , you don't need to track it."

I was going over after my noon meal so I just took that option off...I don't want to see it unless I am having specific issues with sugar. Hope this helps.
  • catinohio
    catinohio Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yep. That's why I started tracking Fiber instead of sugar. Since I've already chosen to eliminate the obvious sugars in cake, candy, pies & processed foods in my diet and try to eat more whole, fresh foods, I don't really feel the need to 'count' sugar grams. I also try to avoid artificial sweeteners and rely on stevia, honey & agave.