Looking for some friends/support

Options
Hello! My name is Michelle. I am currently 5'6 and 168 pounds. I have lost about 30 so far since starting in December! I made this account quite a while ago but have never really used it until now. I would just like the support to stay motivated and ACCOUNTABLE. I would also like to have others to relate to as none of my friends know what it is like to have to lose weight. I ate myself up through university and food became a coping mechanism and pleasure. I decided that I am young and cant spend the rest of my youth feeling ugly and invisible!!! Its so hard for me at times because I am so addicted to fast food. I used to get Wendy's or MacDolands everyday! I was stuck in a cycle of self loathing but reliance on food to feel good since I didn't feel good about myself. I still struggle all the time to stay on track because of cravings. I also have started running or biking to achieve faster results. If anyone would like to support each other please friend/message me! Especially if you are around my weight or know what it is like to struggle with food addiction.

Replies

• kthope92
    kthope92 Posts: 1
    Options
    we sound in the same boat! same story! :):smile:
  • MrsSwink
    MrsSwink Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I am always looking for more friends, we can encourage eachother!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • Rowberta
    Rowberta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I totally know how you feel.. I have struggled my whole life with weight.. this is the heaviest i have been ever!!!! but time is now for me to get on track.. started the 30 day sqrat challenge, 30 day crunch challenge.. working out on my lunch break and after work... if i could just curb my craving i feel i would be succesful but that is the biggest obstacle for me.
  • misseaves123
    misseaves123 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I also did that squat challenge and could barely walk ;)... I have been using my lunch break to run at work as well! Thankfully we have a nice soft track to use! What are your work outs? My craving have been brutal.. I find the only thing that curbs them has been exercise (for some reason).. Im so addicted to fast food that it takes all of my strength to say no! But that's hard when others around you are eating it!
  • Rowberta
    Options
    my husband and i are struggling to get up in the morning to do a workout but we try to lift weights in the morning every other day. then cardio every other day.. lunch time i usually do eliptical trainer for 30-35 min or treadmill. and when i get home i do my squats.. i am going to start the wii fit today as well.. i have always been what i call an athletic overwight person... i have always been involved in sports and i go on and off exercising.. but i feel like food is the enemy!! lol. i was into strength training last year with ropes and tires and had a trainer that helped me (he was free where i work) but then i fell off of that around thankgsiving and never went back, i didnt feel like i lost weight but i know now that i was toning!! i lost all my tone and gained 15 lbs since then!! yeah, i know !!
  • Rowberta
    Options
    oh and we are trying to go on a hike on saturdays.. went the weekend before last .. talked my way out of it last weekend.. going to try to go thursday since i dont work.. but i just started really , REALLY trying this week.. i got on the scale this morning.. and me no likey the number i saw!!! i had avoided it this whole time.. reality set it for me this morning.
  • gettingfit4Rachel
    gettingfit4Rachel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I am 198 right now going to lose around 60-65 pounds. Would love for us to help each other out