Chia Pudding

ethompso0105
ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
Hey everyone!

I tried a new thing for breakfast this morning...Chia Pudding. I've seen it all over Pinterest, and I don't mind chia seeds, so I thought it was worth a try. Here's the recipe I tried:

3/4 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons chia seeds
~Mix together and let sit for 40 minutes--stir and eat.

When I entered it into the recipe app, I got the following results:
Calories: 180
Fat: 14
Fiber: 10
Protein: 6

If you like pudding or tapioca, this is a great way to get some fiber in while eating something that feels and tastes pretty decadent. It's a bit high in fat (due to the chia seeds), but from what I've heard, those are some of those "heart healthy" fats.

I use coconut milk because I can't do soy and I don't care for almond milk. I've heard it's even better with chocolate milk alternative--I can't wait to try it with chocolate oat milk! :)

Just be aware...it looks a bit like fish eggs and has a bizarre texture to start with. Once I was a couple spoonfuls in, I really liked it!

Enjoy! :)

::edited for Monday-style spelling::

Replies

• sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Yummy! I also like adding a spoonful of chia seeds to a cup if tea.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    I imagine this could be on the menu at the capybara onsen.

Jk, it actually sounds pretty good! I'll have to find out how much chia seeds are :)
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Yess!! I also add banana, dates, and vanilla extract. I whip it all up in a blender (along with the coconut milk but minus the chia seeds), then throw in a couple tablespoons of chia. It tastes like the banana pudding from Magnolia Bakery in NYC. Amazing.
  • dot1212
    dot1212 Posts: 74 Member
    I need to try this and start eating out of my box.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    bump
  • Christi132
    Christi132 Posts: 67 Member
    bump
  • daniellelev
    daniellelev Posts: 1 Member
    I made this with light canned coconut milk, but so fattening this way! Do you make it with the coconut beverage? I'm just wondering if it will still turn out thick and creamy.
  • Nevada
    Nevada Posts: 140 Member
    I enjoyed this chocolate chia pudding:
    http://minimalistbaker.com/overnight-chocolate-chia-seed-pudding/
    I used just half the maple syrup listed to sweeten. I will be making it again.