Can I have alcohol & still lose weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• MNCPRGuy
    MNCPRGuy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I tried to drink and diet but moderation has never been a part of my vocabulary. For me it was a losing battle. I am almost 2 years sober now and feel better than I have in the last 20! Lifestyle change doesn't just apply to dieting and fitness. I'm a better person all the way around now regardless of what the scale is telling me.
  • thatjeffsmith
    thatjeffsmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's possible. It's also harder.

Even if you track/count your booze cals, you have to remember that drinking puts one in a mind to eat salty/fatty/yummy foods. So keep good snacks on hand.

I went on a 4 month beer fast to kick off my fitness plan last year. But I had win/whisky, 1-2 drinks every other day or so, and had no problems.

Now I pretty much have a beer or glass or bourbon every day, but I am super paranoid about falling off the fitness wagon.

I guess my advice is, just be mindful of what you consume and be aware it could affect your dedication and will power negatively.
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    yes. all things in moderation.

I agree! A drink or two isn't going to sabatoge you, you have to remember to calculate it into your diet, the same that goes with anythign you drink, you have to factor it in.
  • GinaMarieG27
    GinaMarieG27 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! I work out to have wine. I like to have 1 to 4 cups of red wine a few times a week. It helps me relax and it also tastes good. I just make sure I have enough calories for it. I scan the barcodes on the bottles and this app we use tells me how much i can have!
  • ericthirdrow
    ericthirdrow Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation... I could never quit the craft beer, I just aim to drink less of it and surround it with healthy meals and exercise.
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Of course you can! I have recently started drinking vodka/water and then adding my favorite mio to give it some flavor. I will never cut drinking out completely from my life but have learned to think better about it. I will still log my 8 beers and 2 shots when I go out but will also work out a little more during the day so I can get those calories back.
    Ive lost 20lbs since March 29th so there is hope and yes you can do it!! I wouldn't recommend drinking every night but having a few every now and then wont hurt ya! :drinker:
  • cseckinger1
    Options
    I do low carb & I have wine every night. You could probably lose quicker if you refrain, but I enjoy it too much!
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You must restrain from indulging in pleasure(s). No alcohol, intercourse or McDonalds and you will reach your goal. Good Luck.

I indulge in all three of these from time to time and I've done just fine :)
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I find that alcohol does inhibit my weight loss - if I want a good loss week- no alcohol. But I also like a drink now and then - so I just realize it will impact my weight loss even if it fits in my macros. I don't think this is true for everyone but it is for me unfortunately.