Deadlifts

Options
Oh how I hate them so much!! But there's no other exercise out there that gives me the satisfaction after I've completed the full sets. Horrible nasty painful work out but so rewarding!

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You may be the only person who I've ever heard say they hate deadlifts.

I love them. I live for deadlift day. I wish every day was deadlift day.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I love them. I have to talk myself out of doing a set on off days.
  • nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    totally agree!!! deadlifted 110 for the first time yesterday and felt so good afterward but hated it while doing it! although maybe they will grow on me... i am new to heavy lifting and have just started 6 weeks ago ;-)
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with them. Some days the weight goes up easy, other days it is bolted to the ground. I have bleed, cried and sweated because of deadlifts.

With that being said, it is deadlift time now.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Oh how I hate them so much!! But there's no other exercise out there that gives me the satisfaction after I've completed the full sets. Horrible nasty painful work out but so rewarding!

Do you clean and press? For me clean & pressing is the burpee of weight lifting. After 10 or so my heart is about ready to explode through my chest. And after I am done with a set, its nap time.
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options

i think i do them wrong. i don't get all the hype. maybe i need more weight.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    If you aren't seeing double at the end, chances are you aren't pulling enough. /meathead
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Deadlifts....and hate Squats!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I'm that way with squats.

Deadlifts make me feel B.A.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

Something you might want to shoot for...squatting at least 1.5X your body weight and dead-lifting 2x your body weight. If you aren't cross-eyed after a good 1x5 you don't have enough of a load.

Also, kinda like this on a 1 RM...

1331230848_guy_pukes_while_lifting_weights.gif
  • Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options

Something you might want to shoot for...squatting at least 1.5X your body weight and dead-lifting 2x your body weight. If you aren't cross-eyed after a good 1x5 you don't have enough of a load.

If you don't puke after each rep then you're doing it wrong.
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options

kevin-garnett-reaction.gif
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I love dead lifts! I love that stretching feeling I get while doing them. Plus, they are extremely beneficial.
  • sixibabey
    sixibabey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    fun fact the deadlift exercise came 4m England when in the black plauge the horses died so they had to "lift" them out of the way and stack them b the side of the road
  • GettinSwoler
    Options
    if there weren't deadlifts I would still have a crappy posture and couldn't stand 10 minutes without my lower back aching
    deadlifts saved my life man

[edit: how add images.. I'm a bit slow]
  • Snowwy11
    Snowwy11 Posts: 28
    Options
    Love/hate relationship with deadlifts! :-D
  • jacobhyatt91
    jacobhyatt91 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i LOOOOOOOVE me some deadlifts!!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts <3
  • kmrichardson1
    kmrichardson1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Deadlifts....and hate Squats!
    I feel the same way! Squats have done awesome things for my body even in only 5 weeks but I do not love them. Deadlifts though...love them!
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I love dead lifts! I love that stretching feeling I get while doing them. Plus, they are extremely beneficial.

Much like dead lifts, I also enjoy causing stretching.