suddenly hungry?

Options
hi
I have been losing weight using mostly Clean eating for almost 4 weeks now, have lost 6 lbs so far and have not had any trouble with hunger until the last few days. if anything, some days I had trouble eating all my calories because I am so filled up on veggies.
What gives? Any experiences/thoughts would be great :)

Replies

• themanda04
    themanda04 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    imo, it's just natural cycles. some days i have a super hungry day, others i struggle to eat all of my cals. i honestly don't worry about it, just focus on making good choices on the days where i don't seem to have a bottom. :) for me, this is an entire process of learning about portion size, exercise, and listening to my body.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between "kind of hungry, time to eat something" and "I'm famished because I haven't eaten all day and will keel over if I don't eat something". You're going to experience some minor hunger between meals/snacks ... that's normal. It's been two hours since my mid-morning snack, and I'm slightly hungry (time for lunch) ... part of the process of learning to live healthy has been learning that it's OK to be a little hungry, not OK to starve myself until I'm highly uncomfortable or feeling faint.

I don't know about clean eating, but as I understand it, you're supposed to have a number of snacks throughout the day. if you're doing this and not eating just veggies and shorting yourself on proteins/fats or something, I don't seen how you could become REALLY hungry. If you are, you might see if there's something else going on. If clean eating means no fat to you, you might try adding some good fats like nuts or avocado.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I get that sometimes too, for no apparent reason, but particularly sometimes when I have had a couple of deeper deficits in the previous few days.
  • jmelindy
    jmelindy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone, i think everyone is probably right!
    I am eating a handful of almonds as we speak :)