anyone not tracking macros, calories only

Options
mom2kpr
mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
I am curious if there are people out there that are tracking their calories only & not c/f/p? I do currently have mine set at what I feel is a balanced ratio for me (c45/f30/p25), but I don't actively make sure I balance them each day. I know a lot of people follow the IIFYM. If it's true that all that matters is eating at a deficit, is it really that important to track macros? I'm not saying that I plan on eating whatever, whenever, but just curious what works for others.

Replies

• nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Oh, I try to balance the macros,but it never comes out right so I don't stress about it. I mostly worry I'm not getting enough protein, but I don't worry a bit when I go over with carbs or fat.
  • vickyg1986
    vickyg1986 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I only track calories. I try and eat healthy but I don't track macros. As long as I'm eating healthy I'm not worried about it.
  • Anniecakesss
    Options
    My main concern is calories, but I love that it shows you all of the other nutrients you are taking in also. I'm trying now not to go over Sodium, which is tough because it's in EVERYTHING! It's amazing what I learned just by using this website compared to all hail "weight watchers" where I was eating everything with high sugars and sodium! I did lose lots of weight on ww, but this is much healthier!
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I look at everything but only hold myself to calorie limits to prevent myself from overrating. I try to eat as much fruits and veggies as possible and avoid prepackaged snacks/meals as much as possible.
  • benchenryce
    Options
    If you're trying to bulk up and stuff. then yeah macro counting matters a bit more.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I tracked calories only when I first joined, because I didn't understand macros all that much. I lost weight just fine, but I FELT a lot better when I started paying attention to macros.

That said, I go by more of a weekly average than trying to hit them perfectly every day.
  • freebirdjones
    Options
    I try to hit my weight in protein, I don't care if Im over on my cals just to et my protein, my body is a machine and can handle a few extra cals.
  • ericthirdrow
    ericthirdrow Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I only track calories. I try and eat healthy but I don't track macros. As long as I'm eating healthy I'm not worried about it.

That's what I do. I don't usually pay much attention past the net calories.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not even tracking calories any more, but I'm concious of them. idgaf about anything else, macro-wise.
  • nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    i am only counting calories. I am trying to make better health choices and just improving myself......
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I only track calories and I'm down to my goal weight. I don't even know what macros are and since tracking calories works for me then I'm going to keep going with that.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will just keep doing what I do, since it seems to be working.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I am curious if there are people out there that are tracking their calories only & not c/f/p? I do currently have mine set at what I feel is a balanced ratio for me (c45/f30/p25), but I don't actively make sure I balance them each day. I know a lot of people follow the IIFYM. If it's true that all that matters is eating at a deficit, is it really that important to track macros? I'm not saying that I plan on eating whatever, whenever, but just curious what works for others.

I track my calories and don't worry about the rest.

I am not eating junk, so I am not concerned.