Third times a charm!!!...I hope!

Options
Hey MFP Family!

My name is Melanie and I am 23 years old. I have been on MFP two times already and failed. The first time I was on MFP I was not really into it and never lost anything. The second time I lost 35lbs on MFP and I had lost that in 3 months. My motivation for the second weightloss was because my parents were coming to visit me and I had not seen them in a couple years so it was important for me to lose the weight since I had gained about 80lbs in 2 years. After they left I was doing alright for a couple weeks and then me exercising and eating well just kind of died down. I regret not sticking with the lifestyle change I had got used to and I wish I had. This time round I am going to be visiting my family in Feb/March and I want to lose at least 75lbs in 9 months. I hope this is possible! I have a lot to lose and I really want them to be proud of me. Alot of my weight loss has to do because I don't want them to talk about my weight which they always have and just want them to see that I can do it. I hope if I start now that there will be a significant weight loss this time round and I am able to stick to it. This time I am losing weight with my boyfriend so hope it goes well for the both of us!

I am looking for people who are on the same kind of weight loss as me as in losing A LOT of weight but feel free to add me, I could definitely use all the support I can get!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and getting to know my situation :)

Replies

• THICOK
    THICOK Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Melanie,
    Welcome to MFP! I just joined this message board group and am excited to share w/ other who understand what I am going through.

I hope you also want to lose weight for "yourself" versus just your parents. You deserve to treat yourself right! You can do it and all of us will be here to share in your victories. :)
  • krisjohnson121
    krisjohnson121 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey -
    I read your story - good luck with everything. Something to consider... lose weight for you, not your family, not your boyfriend but you. You need to come up with a list of reasons why you want to lose the weight. Feel free to add me!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    i agree wit melanie. If you try an dlose wiegh tfor othe people, you prob will fail. You have to want to lose wieght for yourself. In the past i did that, but this time around im doing it fro me and me only. I wanted to lose 48lbs. i was at 198 back in January i hit my lowest in years of 180 i bounce back pretty quickly because i wasn't focused or dedicated for me! i hit 193 a coupe weeks ago so I'm back but fro me!!! I lost 10.4 lbs and want to lose another 37 lbs, I'm constantly on here and kind of addicted now lol, But feel free to add me ;) I have a bunch of groups also if your interested
  • mellyboo17
    mellyboo17 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do want to do it for myself but I just want my family to be proud of me. I have been teased about my weight by them all my life and always asking me to lose weight, go on a diet, exercise etc but it never worked. I just want to prove them wrong that's all and I think that is my motivation and should be :)
  • chichestergirl
    chichestergirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, Its great that your BF is dieting with you. That must help. I'm at the beginning of my weigh loss journey and have a lot to lose so I will add you. Good luck!
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm replying to you as an 'older" woman - 3 times your age - but your story sounds like mine - I have always said I was born fat - and stayed that way all my life! Not really true - but an excuse. I have been dieting all my life - in some form or manner - you name it and I have tried it! Every decade my 20's. 30's. 40's, 50's, & 60's saw me overweight. As I can remember through high school I was about 175. Took some off during college and got to 150 at which point I married my husband (who bless his soul never said a word about my weight!) Started getting pregnant and putting on weight - after my 2nd son was born I was at 210 - and the highest I got was 260 As I remember I looked sort of like a blimp! Gradually I got it back to about 237 and carried about that on and off until Oct of 2011 when I decided I would feel a lot better with less of me!

I started Atkins low carb and for the first time ever that I can remember I wasn't starving to death! I don't know if it was higher fat I was eating - but something was making it easier to stay on my plan. For years and years I had been eating low fat (at least pretending to)! Some weight began to be lost - not fast. As I hit plateaus I changed to South Beach with less fat - but still it was very slow! I joined MFP in March and now I am not dieting - just following my new way of life and slowly losing as I do it! I am now 75 with some walking issues - 2 hip replacements, a knee replacement, and a fused neck from a roll over car wreck in 2000! So as far as exercise I have done water aerobics to try to keep active and now I am in a sit & be fit class. 3 times a week. As of this morning I am at 207.5 pounds - extremely slow - but most of the time I have no troubles staying within my limit. I plan to keep this up for the rest of my life - and my final goal is to get back to that 150 I was in 1960!

All this is to try to motivate you to get it together now while you are in your 20's - keep to your plan for YOU not for anyone else. You can do it - all you have to do is look at the success stories that are here on a daily basis - and you are no different than they are! You CAN DO IT! MAKE UP YOUR MIND - AND WHEN YOU HAVE A BAD DAY, DON'T TRY TO QUIT - JUST PICK YOURSELF UP, DUST YOURSELF OFF AND GET BACK TO YOUR PLAN!

You can add me as a friend if you want - I'll try to motivate you to stay on track!