Ear buds

Options
Any recommendations out there for comfortable ear buds? The ones that came with my iPhone aren't cutting it.

Replies

• sskovack
    sskovack Posts: 1
    Options
    They aren't earbuds...but by far the best headphones I've ever had for working out. Koss Portapro, they sound amazing and have two points of contact on your head, to keep them snug and are super light weight. You can find them on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Koss-PortaPro-Headphones-with-Case/dp/B00001P4ZH/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1372792516&sr=1-1&keywords=koss+portapro

Also they come with a lifetime warranty, even if you break them on purpose you can send them 9 bucks and they send you a new pair in about two weeks.

IMO, earbuds usually are bad for two reasons, they never stay in, unless you get expensive workout ones, and they are bad for hearing. If you buy the portapros and are disappointed I will eat my pair.
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love yurbuds. You can find them on Amazon and some retail stores. I exercise pretty hard, including running and so far I have had no problems with them falling out or getting a short in them from my excessive sweating.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I love yurbuds. You can find them on Amazon and some retail stores. I exercise pretty hard, including running and so far I have had no problems with them falling out or getting a short in them from my excessive sweating.

agreed
  • ericnealdavis
    ericnealdavis Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    They look good but do you recommend the behind the ear version or just the press in buds?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    also recommend yurbuds.

get the kind with the behind the ear part, if you don't like it, its removeable and then its just like the ones without it.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    They look good but do you recommend the behind the ear version or just the press in buds?

regular press-in buds are what I use.

I've got a bunch of other behind the hear ones and they never work right (the over/behind the hear part).

For me, it's yurbuds or my old classics:

sony_Vertical_in-the-ear_Headphones.jpg
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    Also, on a side note...

The silicone pieces that makes yurbuds so effective is removable from the actual earbud. I took them off the stock yurbuds and put them on my ipod buds so that I had the inline controls for my ipod.

That made way more sense in my head... hopefully you get my point.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    They aren't exactly cheap, but I swear by the Adidas branded Sennheiser earbuds.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX-680-Earfin-Earbuds/dp/B0035JKJ2W/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1372794970&sr=8-16&keywords=sennheiser+headphones+adidas

I have used these for 3 years straight, 4x a week and I haven't had a single issue with them. Just about 6 weeks ago, I had one of the plastic parts split on the earbud, with no issue. It's purely aesthetic. But, I just found them here for about half what I paid for them 3 years ago, so I might replace them. They sound amazing - they disassemble for cleaning, and well, they never move in my tiny ears. The fins keep them perfectly in place. Did I mention that they sound a-frickin-mazing?! Even now! :D
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Any recommendations out there for comfortable ear buds? The ones that came with my iPhone aren't cutting it.

I use the ones that clip over the ear, they don't fall off when running.
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Also, on a side note...

The silicone pieces that makes yurbuds so effective is removable from the actual earbud. I took them off the stock yurbuds and put them on my ipod buds so that I had the inline controls for my ipod.

That made way more sense in my head... hopefully you get my point.

Brilliant! Why didn't I ever think of that! I also just use the ones plug into your ears, the kind that goes behind my ears bug me.
  • RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i have sony "real" headphones. i hate ear buds. they sweat right out of my ears.
  • nicolemarie_90
    nicolemarie_90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I only buy Skullcandy earbuds. I just buy the $15 ones or the least expensive ones at the store(sold pretty much everywhere.) They fit perfectly and block outside noise great. Sometime the little rubber ear things will come off, but the box comes with one or two replacement sets.

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/shop-all
  • Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My newest favorite is my Bose IE2. The shape of the ear mold mimicks the earpiece I wear at work and is comfortable as all get out. Plus since it has more points of contact to your actual ear it doesn't so much as move when I run or do anything else unless they get pulled on.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Get noise-canceling ones. They fit snugly and usually come with differently sized rubber plugs that you can fit to your ear canal. They also allow you to keep the volume down so you can hear whatever you're listening to without deafening yourself.

I have used:

Audio-Technica ATH ANC23 QuietPoint
    Sony SOMDRNC33

They each have their pluses and minuses (Amazon reviews cover them thoroughly, of course). The AT ones last a little longer than the Sony.

No in-ear buds are going to give you the noise canceling you get from proper studio headphones, but they are a vast improvement on Apple's craptastic mug-me-white ones.
  • MsDrJuris
    MsDrJuris Posts: 41
    Options
    I've got a pair of Jaybird Freedoms, which are wireless, that I L.O.V.E. I'm obsessed with them, and most other earbuds are uncomfortable in my ears. :)