Soda/Coffee Junkie

Options
Hello, MFP friends! I am finding it SUPER difficult to give up my coffee drinks and diet sodas. Does anyone have any healthier sub ideas? I am only about 5'1" so I don't want to keep using calories on this kind of stuff. Thanks!! :-)

Lisa

Replies

• MikeBenWilliams
    Options
    I drink about 3 cups of coffee a day but I drink it black. I used to use sugar and cream and slowly came down to just drinking it black. I'm only 4'11" :) You could try one of the zero calorie stevia liquids and buy your own soda water and make your own sodas til you can come off of them. I also drink a lot of the Yogi green and herbal teas. Hope that helps!!
  • SkepticallyFit
    Options
    Diet soda doesn't have any calories. Are you cutting out because of the expense?

If you're adding lots of sugar to your coffee, maybe try switching to zero calorie sweetener. Or try switching to tea! Tea provides other benefits aside from a little caffeine kick when you drink in moderation (about 4 cups a day max).
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    moderation. instead of 3 TBS of creamer, try one.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I usually drink coffee black, but one day i put some truvia in it. Like a teaspoon. Made it sweet, actually it was probably pretty good, but i like coffee black. But at least it was 0 calories. Is there a 0 calorie creamer? or creamer substitute?
  • lisamarie447
    lisamarie447 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'll try to put some no calorie sweetener in my coffee and see how that fairs. I usually am buying like Starbucks type lattes and stuff like that... easily adding 140-200 cals a day to my journal. Plus, breaking this addiction could really save me money! LOL...