Water and Salt

Options
syedsaad
syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
i am confused .... i read at a lot of places drink a lot of water and cut down on salt as it helps in weight loss .... but neither of them have any calories .... so how do they have any impact on weight loss?? i do know that if you drink water before meal that makes you not eat alot but apart from that is there anything else which i dont know....

Replies

• syedsaad
    Options
    No Answers Yet?
  • daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Salt makes you retain water and then you'll see the numbers go up instead of down. I personally love salt so I have cut back but I won't give it up, I compensate by drinking more water.....mind you I am in the bathroom like 20+ times a day though lol
  • syedsaad
    Options
    so its only water weight not fat ... so isnt that ok ?
  • rdonald57
    rdonald57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    water is okay and retaining water is okay, especially if you are young and healthy and maybe having to sweat a lot . But if you are overweight and inactive and have water retention then salt could increase your blood pressure. But like the last person said you can fight it, by upping your water intake as urine sweat and tears all have salt in them. So drinking moderately amounts of extra water will help decrease your salt retention and thus your water retention.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Water and sodium are best buds where one goes the other follows, so if you feel like you're having an extra salty day then drink some extra water and his friend salty will follow right out of your urethra.

Dont worry too much unless you are salt sensitive and have a history of hypertension.