Big Snacking Problem

Options
HI! I'm stefanie. :D

I'm a university student and i'm also a smoker.
However, i've never been particularly good with money, and since i can't find i job, i have none. The problem here is that i don't have money for cigarettes, and it's never hit me before just how much of an appetite suppressant they truly are!
See, now i'm down on my nicotine intake, i'm snacking, a lot. I've managed not to go over my calorie count so far, but am having to have smaller meals to accommodate the fact that, hungry or not, i'll be snacking later on.
Chewing gum and sucking mint's is not doing much.

So, what i'm wondering is, is there a way to stop the snacking that come's with nicotine withdrawal?

Thank You for any responses

45828231.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• NathanRx
    NathanRx Posts: 4
    Options
    Sorry I could not contribute more, but this is what I've got,
    Basically the big no no is sugar!
    Sugar especially from fructose doesn't fill you up and in eating sugar it then alters your sugar levels leading to a nicotine craving, so snack on non-sugary foods, and just keep trying to stay within your calorie count, alternatively I find keeping active such as going to the gym or playing football to take my mind of cravings.
  • GettinSwoler
    Options
    If you try to cut down smoking try to eat more seeds and nuts, as well as oranges and red fruit (or vit c supplements)
    they contain tyrosine and silicon, both agents linked to cigarette smoke and therefore helpful in supressing the craving for tobacco

if you snack alot, that can also mean that you're used to put stuff in your mouth (like cigarettes for example) throughout the day, like a conditioned reflex... I dunno how to say it properly but I think you know what I mean. There are few things you can do

1. If you smoke in your room or where you spend most of the day try to put smoking outside, make it a little chore and keep the cigarette smoke outside, suck on the cig as a form of a break from something, try to not incorporate it as something you simply do on the side

2. Beef Jerky, it's smoked, it's low fat, low carb, high protein and really stuffing... the perfect snack

3. like nathan said, keep off refined sugars... they spike your insulin and may make you eat more than you wish

4. For the chewing part, take an old pencil, just like in middle school :)
  • sixibabey
    sixibabey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    For snacks

u can slice up a fruit or veg into sticks and make a dip by putting another fruit or Veg into a blender so its like chips and dip only ur dipping an eggplant into a rutabega
  • mike37130
    mike37130 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lettuce is my best friend to help curve the munchies. It only has 5 calories per 1 cup shredded. In fact most reading I have dun shows that it takes more calories to burn it then it gives. Not only that but it helps clean you out. I basically stuff my self with it and it keeps the hunger at bay. It is also packed with vitamin A.