Anyone here looking to lose that last 10lb?

Options
Hey guys! Two years ago I started a lifestyle change and lost ~30lb from exercise, eating cleaner and portion control. I signed up for MFP to lose that last 10lb and I did it last year! (And again this year, after a stressful uni exam period haha) I feel so awesome and confident now!
I've recently started using MFP again as I want to keep going and morph my body into a more obviously athletic figure. I'm a gym rat but I need to keep my eating on track so I'd love to get some encouragement from others who are in the same boat -- cutting body fat % and increasing muscle mass.
Of course, encouragement from others who have more to lose are welcome too!

Replies

• ashbramwell
    ashbramwell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think I should also mention that I am a 20 year old female Canadian university student :)
  • carlos13th
    carlos13th Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have a fair bit more to lose than you. Since you are gaining muscle while cutting fat those last few pounds may not actually shift considering how much heavier muscle is than fat. I recommend measuring as well if you dont already.

Im currently trying to cut weight and gain muscle mostly through martial arts though. Glad your watching your weight during univeristy though, I gained a lot while there and didn't do anything about it until after I left.

Good luck.
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm here. I have about 5lbs to go to be at my ideal (after years of weighing more and less.....128 seems to the number where I feel good, look good and have to stay healthy to stay at.)...but those last 5-10lbs are definitely challenging me!

(I'm 27 in BC Canada)
  • cluelessang
    cluelessang Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes trying to lose the last 10!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    the same boat -- cutting body fat % and increasing muscle mass.

Me!!! I say I want to lose these last 6lbs (for a nice even number on the scale) but... The last 10lbs, 5lbs,or NOlbs... I wouldn't be disappointed if the scale stayed where it is, and I was able to blast 5% body fat :bigsmile:

Cutting the BF% and looking at myself in the mirror and seeing the fit girl that I know I am... That's what I'm after.
  • ashbramwell
    Options
    Hey! Thanks for the responses! I've friended everyone here :)

I took my measurements about a week ago so I'm looking forward to seeing how those change the most! Let's help each other break our plateaus, keep each other accountable and reveal our sexy muscle tone ;)
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Yes, for the last 6 months. Just got in a pair of pants last week that I couldn't, but scale didn't move.
  • k_lips
    k_lips Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm also 20 and am looking to lose 10 more pounds!
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm on the last 10...they have been the hardest to lose :grumble:
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and am on my last 5-10lb, depending on how my clothes fit and how I feel. I'd love the support. :D
  • ashbramwell
    Options
    Friend requests sent :)
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Fellow Canadian! So far, sounds like you're doing an awesome job! I'm in a very similar boat as you and we should be pals. I started the weight loss journey when I got fed up with myself back in April. I've lost 10 lbs since then and I have 10-15 to go. You could say I'm already at a healthy weight and I'm pretty fit, but I want to go the extra mile and become a super athlete. I want to lose a few more % BF. Only difference is I'm not looking to gain much muscle. I'm happy with what I have and since I'm a runner, I don't want any more bulk on my body than I have.

Add me if you like :)

BTW, I'm from Fergus, Ontario.
  • makethemjealousxo
    Options
    i am totally trying to lose around 10lbs, i am short so 10lbs is a lot. i just recently recovered from anorexia & was forced to gain 30lbs, and now i feel disgusting so I am trying to get to a place where I can love my body :) ps, i have no idea how to use this, could someone help me out? lol :) xo
  • Fish_Fuzz
    Fish_Fuzz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling for my last 10lbs I've pretty much stalled out for the past month. They say the closer to your goal weight you get it gets really harder to lose. So I'm thinking about lowering my goal weight to 75lbs and I should start losing again