Thai style cabbage and carrot spicy salad

Options
muaylex
muaylex Posts: 32 Member
I am born and raised in Thailand ...cook every meal by myself and I have many good healthy recipes!!
For today I would like to share what I cook for lunch today which is Thai spicy salad with cabbage, carrot, and peanut.
1/2 -1 cup of shredded cabbage (20 cal)
1/4 cup of shredded carrot (10 cal)
A clove of mashed garlic (4 cal)
Desire amount of red crushed pepper
1 tbsp of lemon juice
Pinch of salt ( in this case, I use fish sauce but I know some people don't like the fishy taste of it
Pinch of sugar for sweet and savory
1 tbsp of crushed peanut (55 cal)
Mixed this all together in a bowl...if you like it cold, stick it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes. I can eat this everyday ! And it is less than 100 calories.

Replies

• mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    OMG this sounds amazing! Adding this to my next weeks dinner. Grill some chicken for the side an you have one yummy meal.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Kab khun kap.
    /wai
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,621 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • muaylex
    muaylex Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You all are very welcome!!:wink:
  • Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The red crushed pepper.. that's like.. the actual red pepper bell, or some spice I don't know about? Sorry, I am a noob :s
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    bump
  • carlos13th
    carlos13th Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My guess Elicur would be that its Red Chilli pepper rather than bell pepper but I could be wrong.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    If you can find Thai chili it is great. There's a place about 2 miles from me that has it fresh. One word of caution though: be very careful to wash your hands after slicing up Thai chili. Whatever you do, don't wipe your eyes. (It almost knocked me down.)