eating habits :)

Options
I am eating porridge for breakfast and lunch and having a tea.. Could be fish and chips mushy peas... Or. Jacket potatoe with beans.. Or chicken and rice... Will I still see results staying under my guideline of 1200 eating these foods.ooo also would you eat more if you exercise or just maybe use half of what you have earnt.

Replies

• geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It you want to lose weight, it doesn't matter what you eat, just stay at or below your goal. It you want to be healthy, make sure you hit your macros, eat all of your cals and most/all of your exercise cals.
  • EnviousDan
    EnviousDan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just seconding the advice. Don't go too far under or your body won't get the fuel it needs. Eat back the exercise calories for sure so your body has the energy to keep up with any exercise you are doing. Best of luck!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    That's some English sounding food! I was waiting for the crumpets and clotted cream! Third on all of the above. Your body needs fuel to function and it won't make you lose weight any faster by denying it what it needs. Usually you can eat more if you're eating healthier foods, but that's the beauty of MFP. You can still indulge. In my opinion, life isn't about baked chicken and steamed veggies everyday. Try to see if sodium makes you bloat and feel sluggish. I know it doesn't happen to everyone, but it really does me and it took me a long time to figure that out.
  • emzyloo88
    emzyloo88 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey. Yea I love good old British food, however not a fan or crumpets ha. Sodium yea could be the problem....i do feel sluggish and bloat the majority of the time.how did you combat this problem. X
  • coopers11
    coopers11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Keep eating the right amount of calories and yes you will lose weight, however you don't seem to eating anything packed with good stuff - don't forget to eat your fruits & veggies too!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Hey. Yea I love good old British food, however not a fan or crumpets ha. Sodium yea could be the problem....i do feel sluggish and bloat the majority of the time.how did you combat this problem. X

MFP can track your sodium. It's hard to stay under, but I've found that if I don't go 100 or so over, I feel good.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I find I get better results, and lose the bloat when sticking to primarily healthy foods like lean chicken, fish, occasional steak, sweet potatoes, lots of vegetables, some fruit, cottage cheese, Greek yoghurt, nuts, potatoes and avoiding wheat for the most part, and refined sugar. As soon as I add those back in in any quantity, I become distinctly flabbier and less defined.
    It depends on whether your goal is only weight loss, or whether it is weight loss and a lean, mean looking body.
    Cannot deny I indulge in the occasional scone with butter and jam though ;)
  • carlos13th
    carlos13th Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    With healthier foods you can eat a lot more of them for fewer calories. So bear in mind you may be able to have 2 or three meals with large amounts of vegetables compared to one meal of fish and chips for a similar level of calories.