What is your favorite..

Options
... breakfast, lunch and dinner?

I ask because I would love to clean up my diet and try some new foods!

So what are your favorites? :)

Replies

• awie11
    awie11 Posts: 44
    Options
    Breakfast: 6 oz Plain Chobani Non-Fat Yogurt mixed with a mashed and warmed banana and 1 tbsp All Natural Peanut Butter

I don't really get too fancy with lunch/dinner (mostly tuna fish sandwiches, boring salads, etc.) so you probably don't need to hear about that.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts are boring.. mostly because Im running out the door. Usually it's either a bowl of cereal or a fruit/yogurt smoothie.

Lunches... not terribly exciting either something easy I can throw together fast and eat at my desk. Today it was cottage cheese, fruit, and a soup to go.

My favorite dinner though... is a toss up between Stir Fry & Kebabs. I like food on a stick lol. Meat & veggies on the grill with a marinade of choice. Easy, low cal, and kids love em.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    1/2C Old fashioned oatmeal with a Tbl of chopped nuts & a tsp of cinnamon sugar. So good

Lunch is a sandwich of deli lunch meat,no fat cheese slice,lots of lettuce & tomato.Sometimes a small serving of chips or beans.

Flavored no sugar iced tea.In the Fall,I have home made soup for lunch.Make a big pan full & freeze your portion in zip lock bags.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I like hard cooked eggs for breakfast since they are an "on the go" food, just peel and eat.

No particular favorites for lunch or dinner, except cold food in summer and hot food in winter, usually.
  • brennamathis
    Options
    breakfast: whole wheat sandwich skinny, "fried" egg (no oil, butter, or spray, just a sunny side up egg cooked in a non-stick skillet) with a little salt & pepper, and a slice of cheddar cheese--sandwich works out to be around 250 calories when using regular cheddar, could be a bit less if you used low-fat/reduced-fat cheese. I usually add in some type of fruit with this, and sometimes throw a little baby spinach on the sandwich.

lunch is usually some type of dinner leftover for me, to be honest...if I don't have leftovers, it's usually spring mix greens with some extra baby spinach added in, plain tuna (canned because it's cheap & easy), a hard boiled egg, a touch of shredded cheese, and sometimes cottage cheese mixed in if I'm craving dressing because it kinda gives me that dressing-type texture to the salad but is a bit healthier in the long run considering I don't do a lot of dairy intake.

dinner--black beans cooked with a little bit of minced onion & garlic in chicken broth, spring mix greens, homemade pico de gallo, all wrapped up in a tortilla--OR all of those toppings plus guacamole & chicken breast cooked in a homemade taco seasoning (sodium free), on top of brown rice.
  • ElikaCousland
    ElikaCousland Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Plain greek yogurt with fruit, ground flax, and a drizzle of honey. Or steel cut oats made with 2% milk - so creamy and delicious. I usually add blueberries and cinnamon, or dried cranberries and pecans.

Lunch - I like to make a big pot of something on Sunday to have for lunches during the week. Chili is my favorite - lots of beans, lots of shredded veggies (zucchini, carrot, eggplant, onion, summer squash, peppers). Hearty enough to tide me over until dinner without the 3pm munchies.

Dinner - Pecan Salmon. Mix 1 Tbsp melted butter, 1 Tbsp dijon mustard, and 1 Tbsp honey. Brush over 1 lb of salmon fillets. Top with 1/4 cup crushed pecans. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until fish flakes. AMAZING. I don't like salmon at all, but I could eat a whole pound of it prepared this way. I like to serve with a cold quinoa salad - cooked quinoa, diced cucumber, halved grape tomatoes, a few sliced kalamata olives and some crumbled feta cheese, drizzled with fresh lemon juice and balsamic vinegar.
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've been big into Trader Joe's lately...

This morning I had a cup of vanilla greek yogurt with a tbls of chia seeds mixed in with a half cup of raspberries.

Lunch was Trader Joe's reduced guilt Mac and Cheese with a side salad of baby spinach mixed with a couple tbls of green olive tapenade.

For dinner I had breakfast, haha. I cooked some soy chorizo and scrambled an egg in coconut oil, topped it with low cal mexican cheese and put it on an fat free english muffin spread with Trader Joe's reduced guilt guacamole. on the side I had half a red pepper with cilantro salad dressing.

My snack was a dip made with 1tbls Better'n Peanut Butter, 2 tbls chocolate protein powder, and 1 tbls almond milk mixed together and I dipped an apple in it. I also had some kimchi later in the day.

All under 1400 calories. Yum!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: omelette with sautéed veggies, fresh avocado and sour cream and cheddar cheese.

Lunch: Usually a salad with chicken if I'm at work

Dinner: Lemon dill salmon with asparagus and a salad.
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 pieces of whole wheat bread. One with avocado smushed on it and drizzled with chili oil, one with a soft boiled egg and chili oil

Lunch: smoothie made out of 1 frozen banana, 1 TBSP peanut butter, 1 cup skim milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and a few egg whites.

Dinner: Poached fish and stir-fried vegetables
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Smoothie Greek yogurt strawberries, banana, blueberries and raspberries with a splash of almond milk.
    Lunch: I normally have a salad. I have a few different ones that I make.
    Dinner: I been loving making stir fries lately. I just by the frozen stir fry veggies, chicken, shrimp or beef, and 1/4 cup Asian salad dressing.
  • _G4BR13L_
    _G4BR13L_ Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Greek lunch, Sushi for dinner :)
  • BozGirl
    BozGirl Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm loving these ideas!
  • PrettyGirI
    PrettyGirI Posts: 10
    Options
    Breakfast-oatmeal with pb & honey