Options
edorice
edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
What does the word mean to you?

Replies

• mcdadew
    mcdadew Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Barely Adequate. Met the minimum. Getting by with only the least amount of effort.
  • cehrenhaus
    Options
    Average? That is the common of the group. either the mean or the median, depending on the situation. I would not think of it as 'barely adequate', I'd think of it as representative of the group.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I'm an engineer, so my definition is "the sum divided by the number of data points." :glasses:

Overall, "the most common."
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    depends on the context.

it means nothing special. typical. not extraordinary. common.
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    to me it means boring.
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    To me it is the median ,, as someone else said representative of the group... Expected....
    What I find interesting is that to define the word some people said what it wasn't not what it was....
    I also see that to be average to some has a negative connotation..... when it reality it doesn't seem to be negative or positive... just is....
  • edorice
    Options
    To me it is the median ,, as someone else said representative of the group... Expected....
    What I find interesting is that to define the word some people said what it wasn't not what it was....
    I also see that to be average to some has a negative connotation..... when it reality it doesn't seem to be negative or positive... just is....
    Very good insight there.
  • toddgaines
    toddgaines Posts: 130
    Options
    To me I always had a desire to be average. I was always the fat kid, always the super smart kid. To me average meant fitting in, not being "different". Now that I am "average" with regard to body fat percentage, all I crave is being elite, I would love to have a below "average" body fat percentage.
  • Joscelle
    Joscelle Posts: 93
    Options
    Average = not the best but not the worst.
  • edorice
    Options
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Average is Ok... if you like the norm and whatever is considered "accepted by the majority". I'm doing this for me, for my health & for my longevity. I won't ever have the average build, average shape, average face or average anything & it's not because I strive for difference; it's that I know the World is made up of Unique, Diverse Peoples and I'm just one of them in a sea of millions. If I wind up with a nice figure, that's just a bonus to everything I'm accomplishing here.
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    Average is Ok... if you like the norm and whatever is considered "accepted by the majority". I'm doing this for me, for my health & for my longevity. I won't ever have the average build, average shape, average face or average anything & it's not because I strive for difference; it's that I know the World is made up of Unique, Diverse Peoples and I'm just one of them in a sea of millions. If I wind up with a nice figure, that's just a bonus to everything I'm accomplishing here.

I like your perspective!! :flowerforyou:
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thank you :happy:
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Average. Median. Safe. If you are above average in IQ , you are a "nerd" or weird , above average in body weight you are "fat", below average IQ stupid" or less than or the football star who can get by with it cause he's cute, below average weight, sexy, acceptable. When you actually take the time to analyze, is it really society or all of us? Do we want to watch action films and love scenes with overweight people with average looks, or read a book written by an average writer, or put our trust in an average pilot or Dr.?I think we are all guilty of average. I just want to be comfortable in my own skin and whatever that is then I will be happy, but it may not be "safe" or acceptable by society's standards. And if you look through out history, we see it, women used to be voluptuosly plump. It was a sign of wealth and was the coveted social norm. People were above average if they had all of their teeth. Humans are weird sometimes.:wink:
  • edorice
    Options
    bump