5k prep advice!

Options
Started out with C25k. Been averaging about 3days/week of run (jog) time. Slowly working on distance/time. First official 5k in about 2 weeks (eek! and yay!). So, what do you do in the last weeks, week, days, and day to prepare for it? Do you keep training the same until the end? Do you plan a day(s) of rest before? Or somewhere in the middle and ease up just before? Feeling clueless at this point...

Replies

• TattooedMuffin
    TattooedMuffin Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Rosebudevol
    Rosebudevol Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    rest the day before. to avoid being over sore/tired. but keep everything else the same. it works for me
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I never run the day before my race, but that's me. I've completed numerous 5ks, a couple of 10ks and a half marathon. I've just started a 24 week training program for a FULL marathon this December. For a shorter distance like a 5k you don't need to worry about tapering, carb loading or anything like that. Just take it easy the day before, get plenty of rest the night before and remember the day of you are running against no one but yourself. Enjoy yourself and remember this is supposed to be fun!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Don't run the day before. That's it. Maybe make sure you are hydrated for the few days before. It's a short distance, so you don't need special prep.
  • theruby
    theruby Posts: 36
    Options
    Thanks all! :)