Can I add my protein powder to my yogurt the night before?

Options
Hi!
I am just beginning to add protein powder to my diet to increase my protein. I normally prepare a container of greek yogurt, berries and almonds the night before to take to work the next morning for my lunch. I am going to add a scoop of protein powder to this to increase the protein. Does it matter if I add it the night before or should I add it just before eating? It will be in the yogurt mixture for approx 18 hours before I eat it. Don't know if this affects the protein in any way.. any ideas?
P.S It's much easier for me too add it the night before than it is at work, this is why I'm asking. Thanks :)

Replies

• FoTime
    FoTime Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi!
    I am just beginning to add protein powder to my diet to increase my protein. I normally prepare a container of greek yogurt, berries and almonds the night before to take to work the next morning for my lunch. I am going to add a scoop of protein powder to this to increase the protein. Does it matter if I add it the night before or should I add it just before eating? It will be in the yogurt mixture for approx 18 hours before I eat it. Don't know if this affects the protein in any way.. any ideas?
    P.S It's much easier for me too add it the night before than it is at work, this is why I'm asking. Thanks :)

Good choice, that's been my go to breakfast for the last few months. I see no reason why it would matter when it's mixed. You could always make it just before leaving for work, takes me about 2 minutes including weighing & mixing.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Yes, it might thicken just a little more, but it won't hurt anything.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I would be careful since once the powder touches liquid, after a few hours it starts to smell really sour (for me at least).
  • seg49
    seg49 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks guys! I have been adding it in the morning before work and eating it at lunch so about 7 hours before and it is great. So yummy! Like it better than when I just used to have plain greek yogurt. Definitely recommend cookies and cream protein powder and greek yogurt... yum!