Craving--Round two.

Options
marymooster
marymooster Posts: 134 Member
That &%")(*^^^ cupcake.... It was at me again today... This time... I knew I was tired I knew I was looking for comfort.... But oh I wanted it..... So I was walking the streets of Blackrock...Ireland that is.... Posting signs for weekend grand opening.. Pushed the thought away.... and rationalized it as long as possible.... Finally The fight was on.... I walked into Insomnia..... Looked the lady in the eye and ordered the chocolate cupcake with butter cream frosting and a flake on top... What was I doing??? am I mad ,,... Am I crazy?.... No I am going to settle this once and for all. I walked out... took the cupcake out of the bag...I looked at the pretty white icing... It looked lovely... and inving... then......I took a bite of the icing... Waiting for the feeling of calm... warmth love... soothing... Hmmm Not there. ... Nice... but... did I really feel better?... NOpe am still tired... and I still have more work to do.... Did I feel comforted? No I actually felt a little uneasy. Okay maybe the cake that is what I need... I peeled down the cake paper... and took a bite... Hmmmm Once again I waited to be flooded with all the warm fuzzies I could handle.... How's that.?.. Okay... But no big deal.... It's cake.... Just to be sure I took a very small taste of the icing again..One last chance it had... one final possibility to give me all the love and comfort I neede....... . Nope this is really satisfying nothing.... It tastes ok... but is not really doing any blessed thing for all the tiredness and need for comfort..... Then I decided right NOW YOU KNOW MARY...A CUPCAKE SOLVES NOTHING.....So I wadded it up in the paper and threw it into the trash.... The Next time the silly craving comes my way I have ammo.... I can look it in the eye and say. HUH>>> Been there Done that ,,, Not doing it again.... Knowledge is Power. And sometimes you have to look in its frosty eye, confront it.... and WIN>>>>>>>> Trucking on Girls.... Success sometimes Rocky But always Successful.

Replies

• katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Love it Mary, made me smile! You show that craving who is BOSS! You kicked it right in the booty!:wink:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    WOOO HOOO! Nerves of steel! Good Job!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Perceptive. Thanks.
  • chrisd0201
    chrisd0201 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling also. I walked past a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts about 6 times on Wednesday. I am very proud to say that I did not eat one. Did I want one?? OMG yes...........
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    good for you.... sometimes you have to step on the jagged rocks to get to the other side....... Thanks all.... keep going on.
  • BarbKern
    Options
    Boy! Do I KNOW what that's like!!! I'm learning to talk back to the munchies and tell them where to go.... GIT! GIT! Git outta' here!! Loved your post - Thank you:love:
  • forbiddendestiny
    Options
    I loved this, i've had the craving recently, but go ahead yogurt bars are as close as i'm going to allow myself to get to them, oh and Wotsits, or Monster Munch, not as bad for me as i first thought!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!