Jillian Micheal 30 days shred but facing problem

Options
zd04
zd04 Posts: 1,160 Member
It's my 5th day of jillian micheal 30 days shred. The problem is during whole program I am not able to do push ups due to my weight. Trying hard but every time I get a failure. And It's really very difficult for me to complete whole 29mins without having a pause.
I just wanted to know that is it common in over weight people or my efforts are lacking so much???

With hope of kind response,
ZD04

Replies

• zd04
    Options
    Is there no one to help me out????
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    You are not alone on this! You will get stronger. It is not that you are not giving it enough effort, always push more but you will see that you will be able to last longer as time goes by. Just like with anything we are slow at the beginning. Think back when you wanted to read we did not have fast fluency we had to sound out words, or when we learned our multiplication or additon facts that took time to be fluent. We all start somewhere. Keep doing the videos and taking breaks, but every day try to rest less and less and push your body, because our bodies can handle more than we think. But modifications are fine. I still can't do real pushups. I have to take brakes still because she is so brutal and I try to up my intensity and give it my all. Don't feel alone girl. Keep fighting to reach your fitness and heathy goals. You can do it just never give up :smile:
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You can't do proper push ups or you can't do any on the floor?

I can finally do pushups, and the way I managed to get myself to do it was by starting with my hands on a desk and just doing pushups to there, and gradually getting lower to the floor when I could do 10 at the current ledge height. No going onto your knees at all! Some people do start against a wall, so if you can't do them on the floor, stand facing the wall and place your hands on it and do push ups on that.
  • zd04
    Options
    Awww....Thank you so much...It's so inspiring...
  • Whtmask
    Whtmask Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You are not alone, the push ups are incredibly hard and I found that when I did the 30DS that I had to take a lot of breaks. After about a week I found that I could do "girly" push ups the entire time with the video and that I no longer needed to take any breaks. That video seriously would make me feel like I was going to die lol. I really enjoyed pretending that I was punching her in the face lol.

Do your best and it will get easier over time. Don't worry if you need to take breaks, just do it at your own pace, and when you feel ready - push yourself. :) Good luck!
  • R55T
    R55T Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I've got the same issue. I'm very bottom heavy that my arms can't support me doing push ups or chair tricep dips for that matter. So for the JM 30DS, I do modified pushups at my study desk.

So for you, depending on how much strength you got in your arm now, the easiest would be to do wall push ups [facing the wall, take a step back, then use the wall to do push ups]. If you have no problems doing that, then try counter pushups [same idea as wall push ups but from the the counter. The lower the counter/table/bench etc, the harder you work your arms.

Start off with that then see when you are ready to introduce push ups to your daily exercise routine. Don't forget to push yourself pass your comfort zone so you can build up your arm strength.

:wink: Keep smiling.
  • R55T
    R55T Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Lol, sorry, Whtmask, Royvor & Kirkajuice. I think we were all posting at the same time hence all of our comments are pretty much the same . . .:smile:
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Lol, sorry, Whtmask, Royvor & Kirkajuice. I think we were all posting at the same time hence all of our comments are pretty much the same . . .:smile:

At least it shows what's worked for people is similar! :laugh:
  • gracikle
    gracikle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hope it works out for you! i use that workout a couple of times a week but like to mix up my workouts so i dont get bored or focus too much in on one's promises of magic fixes. zumba and also i've got a couple of lower impact ones like walking 5 miles on the spot doign various lifts with tins of beans in my hands. keeping it varied has kept me more interested :) it is a great short workout for sure :) stick at it!!! X
  • Laurenmat24
    Options
    I just started day one of Jillian Micheal 30 day shred, Before doing this I had actually (tried) to do the Insanity work out... I completed month 1 but with a lot of breaks and skipped days.. it was way to crazy and hard, I am finding Jillians Micheal's shred " easier" BUT NOT EASY. I look forward to seeing some progress. As for not being able to do push ups, I can relate... I have a lot of trouble and I'm not technically " over weight". what really helps me is putting my knees on the ground and try to focus on not having to have your chest go all the way to the floor just build up! you can do it :)
  • gmmendenhall
    gmmendenhall Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I broke my elbow a couple of years ago. It had never had the strength or range of motion it had before until I start Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. Do as many as you can at the hardest level like Military Style, then modify like others have said. Let your motto be "I'll try one".

Now 6 weeks into Body Revolution, I can do not only military style push-ups but push ups into a side place, plus I have gotten 100% of my range of motion back into my elbow! I know some people don't like Jillian Michaels, but I love love love Body Revolution and I am already planning on doing Ripped in 30 and Hardbody once I finish Body Revolution in August.

Keep going! You'll be amazed at how much you can do at the end of the month.
  • syedsaad
    syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    do the best you can .... and gradually you will see that you are being able to do it perfectly without any problem .... just dont give up .... u wont get stronger if you wont push urself
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time last week and the squats and lunges messed up my legs so bad that I was out of commission for almost a week. Yesterday I did it again, but I took breaks and did things until I felt that I should stop. There's no shame in starting slow! If we keep at it, though, we will get stronger and we will be able to power through!
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I am on my fifth day as well! Congrats to you! I think you could replace the push ups with wall push ups! I started out doing wall push ups and worked my way up and it was wonderful! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RtM3L00BUU that way you are not stopping the work out! Good luck my friend!
  • Jennifera714
    Options
    I am currently doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred I am now on level 2 as time goes by you will be able to keep up, I KNOW! just give it time you'll be able to do everything she is doing without losing your breath!
  • ALittleBitLess1
    ALittleBitLess1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    have you tried modified push ups against the sofa or even the wall?? -they may feel a bit odd at first - gravity more in your favour the more upright you are - as long as you are working hard it will be working.
    I was talking to a friend today who is also doing the shred at the moment and she said she was wanting to find it easy by the end - if its easy by the end then great you are fitter, but you will not be working your body as hard, its meant to be alot of effort (though does get a lot easier, I am on my second round this year and going to follow it with Ripped in 30)
  • Birtie87
    Birtie87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I also just started a Jillian Michaels workout. I'm doing the Extreme Shed & Shred workout and I am also having to stop every once and awhile because I cant get through the whole workout yet..I am hoping that I will be able to do the entire workout as I start getting into a routine of doing the workout video more often. I cant even do all of the exercises fully yet. Right now, I'm only doing the workout 3 times a week. The first two times nearly killed me! I had delayed onset muscle soreness in my calves for 2 days afterwards. My calves are finally starting to get to where they don't get as sore, and I've only been doing my workout for a week. I usually keep a big glass of water and drink it during my workout and then I have my protein shake afterwards.