Dear Poor unsuspecting girl working out on the butt blaster

Options
raychulj
raychulj Posts: 458 Member
with that good looking charismatic "trainer" at LA fitness, Don't fall for his charms. Not only is he not certified as a trainer, but once he's signed you up for your membership and training sessions, you will never workout with him again. Oh, but you'll see him around. Taking girls through the most sexual looking workouts, flirting his a** off. And you will feel like a complete moron paying out your a** for 30 minute training sessions with a person you didn't even pick, may not even like. Don't be that girl.

**I don't say this from a bitter place, but as a wife of a trainer who's tried to warn so many girls about this. Just thought I'd pass along the info to my fitpals who don't want to be BS'd"

Replies

• dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Saw the words "butt blaster".

Mind went straight to the gutter.
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Saw the words "butt blaster".

Mind went straight to the gutter.

Yep. Man, I need to take myself to bed.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Pics?
  • raychulj
    Options
    Well at least someone read it haha
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    The LA Fitness training model is the worst.
  • raychulj
    Options
    The LA Fitness training model is the worst.
    Yea. it's a pretty scummy corporation in general. They treat their employees worst then they treat their customers
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    best thread ever

butt blaster won't get you the glutes you want either
    heavy squats
  • raychulj
    Options
    best thread ever

butt blaster won't get you the glutes you want either
    heavy squats
    I know! These salesmen take these people through the dumbest workouts ever! It makes me cringe.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    i got treated like total crap there the other day. the guy literally would not quote me a price for trainers. he wanted me to get a membership. i was straight out. I already have the equipment, i just need a trainer, let me meet with one and tellme the total cost with membership. there is no way i can decide about membership without knowing the cost of the trainer since that's what i'm here for. never got the answer. and he acted like I was the bad guy. Say goodnight to the bad guy!
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    We love our L.A. Fitness trainer. Been working out him 3 years now. Just have to insist on a good one. They do exist. :)
  • hide_yo_cats
    hide_yo_cats Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hot trainer taking me through sexual workouts? I'd pay for that. Where is this gym again?
  • raychulj
    Options
    We love our L.A. Fitness trainer. Been working out him 3 years now. Just have to insist on a good one. They do exist. :)
    I think you're missing the point. LA fitness has FAKE trainers who work people out and sell training and memberships to people thinking that the "free training session" they are getting is from their new trainer. When really he's not one at all. It's very deceptive.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    No pics?
    hCAED3FB1
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    if they are doing barbell hip thrusts though, this counts as a great and fun workout to watch, at least for the guys.
    they have been proven to have the most glute activation. more than heavy squats.

for the highest glute activation, combine heavy barbell deadlifts, hip thrusts, step ups, and heavy squats.
    there are 3 different muscles, and each exercise hits them differently.
    but even if you have no equipment, you can do bulgarian split squats.
    rest your toes on a bench or similar height object, and do a 1 legged squat.
    add weight for more of a challenge.

you're still here? go! go do them!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Oh hey look, another hate on PF thread!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    About two years ago I went once and told them I was only going with a friend for a workout. They MADE me take a 20 min gym tour, then sat me down. I told them my gym was priced much cheaper (11 bucks) but they wouldn't listen and kept quoting me a price triple what I pay. Then they tried to guilt me into hitting my goals and how only they were able to help me. I finally got away and worked out. Unfortunately they had my number, the salesman proceeded to call me 3 times a day for over a month straight routinely, one time even from a different number. Never again.
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    There are a total of 4 gyms in my city, all but one is locally owned. So you would think that they would be much less likely to have this same problem, but guess what? They will do ANYTHING to get people to sign up at super high rates. I look online and see the rates in other cities and they can be so much cheaper, but do they lower our costs? No. The trainers at one location had no interest in making sure you did things right. The trainers at another were great, but that particular gym is even more expensive and has fewer amenities. My son used the chain gym and got gypped when he joined the National Guard and was going to be out of state for a long period of time: they refused to work with him and allow him to stop payments while he was unable to use their facilities. I haven't tried the 4th location yet, and I've heard some good things, so I guess that is where I'll end up next.... Really hope they aren't as bad as the rest, but I am not counting on it.
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options

Oh, hey look! Someone who hasn't even read the thread. At all.
  • raychulj
    Options

Oh, hey look! Someone who hasn't even read the thread. At all.
    hahaha