Quick Lunch

Options
I make a sandwich (2 sliced of rotisserie chicken lunch meat, one slice of provolone cheese, and 2 whole wheat slices of bread=340 cals) everyday for lunch and usually a yogurt. During the day I snack with sliced apples.

I am looking for something other than a sandwich to eat as my main course during lunch which is low in cals. I don't want to cook anything for the lunch unless it takes a couple minutes like a sandwich to make. I know I am being picky but I am trying to get an idea for something other than a sandwich.

Thank you for the help!

Replies

• allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I usually pack a salad. 1 "head" of romaine lettuce (from the 6 pack of romaine hearts at Costco), 8 cherry tomatoes and a couple pouches of tuna or salmon (or something leftover from dinner). We have a fridge at work where I store my dressing, but you can also get little containers for bringing from home. Your choice of dressing will affect the calorie count pretty nearly as much as the "meat"; the lettuce and tomato don't add up to more than 100 calories combined.
  • camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is cottage cheese & fruit!
  • Birtie87
    Birtie87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I make a sandwich (2 sliced of rotisserie chicken lunch meat, one slice of provolone cheese, and 2 whole wheat slices of bread=340 cals) everyday for lunch and usually a yogurt. During the day I snack with sliced apples.

I am looking for something other than a sandwich to eat as my main course during lunch which is low in cals. I don't want to cook anything for the lunch unless it takes a couple minutes like a sandwich to make. I know I am being picky but I am trying to get an idea for something other than a sandwich.

Thank you for the help!

You can also take a small can of tuna or chicken breast and add mayo, boiled eggs, relish, celery, and whatever else you want to make a chicken salad or tuna salad sandwich. I usually do that and I can make 2 sandwiches out of it... enough for two days without wasting. But I guess it would still be considered a sandwich, just not a traditional sandwich :)
  • joshponi
    joshponi Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks these are all good ideas. I am going to try the tuna sandwich to switch up the regular sandwich also I think I'm going to use hard boiled egg as a snack.

I don't know why i didn't think of a salad. That sounds like a lot of food so I'm sure it will be more than enough (100 calories is nothing). Appreciate the tip. I think if I did use a dressing I would stick with plain mustard to keep the calories down.

I usually eat a 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese in between my meals as a snack. I absolutely love cottage cheese.

Thanks again for the help! I didn't realize there was this must support out there. Very optimistic.