Honestly this isn't a big deal to most...

Options
RN514
RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
But today is day #4 in a row that I have exercised. This has NEVER happened. Y'all, I'm being serious...I've always been too lazy.

I know it's not much per day...but I'm actually moving instead of sitting on the couch. Day #4 & each day I'm improving, either by going longer or increasing the intensity of the workout. I mean it's 10:15, I was already getting ready for bed, but I made myself get up and get on the eliptical. Definitely time for a bubble bath now!

Now I just need y'all to help keep me going :) Feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Woot woot!! Good for you! Don't sell yourself short, give yourself props when you do good for yourself. I have two rules during work outs -- 1) no negative self talk about how I don't work out enough -- save that for when you blow off your workout and 2) no body criticizing while I'm working out like "oh my stomach looks flabby" WHILE doing crunches. Uh uh none of that. You broke a record, celebrate don't negate that!
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Woot woot!! Good for you! Don't sell yourself short, give yourself props when you do good for yourself. I have two rules during work outs -- 1) no negative self talk about how I don't work out enough -- save that for when you blow off your workout and 2) no body criticizing while I'm working out like "oh my stomach looks flabby" WHILE doing crunches. Uh uh none of that. You broke a record, celebrate don't negate that!

You are awesome. Thanks for that!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!

We have to give ourselves props for our accomplishments! Four days is huge, especially when it's the first time you've ever done it.

Good for you!
  • SCouture421
    Options
    This is my 5th day in a row!! I feel the same way!! It feels great doesn't it?! Keep goin!!
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    4 days in a row is fantastic!!! keep up the good work!
  • BreytonJay
    BreytonJay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I second what hzliiz said! I was all in the gym lifting my weights by my lonesome, then some people from work walk in and I was starting to get self conscious with how little I curl. Then I was like, wait, I am here lifting weights, getting my workout on and that's more than some people can say, so props to us! Especially you, all getting up and working out when it's time to go to bed. Awesome determination!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    RN514 ... way to go! I remember that feeling ... its a good one.

Today was day 2 of getting up earlier in the AM and doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred workout.
    I also go to the gym 4 nights a week after work; and try to do some sort of walk on Sat or Sun.

You got this; and I've sent you a friend's request.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    you are doing great =) ... keep this feeling and use it for motivation when you have none
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Awesome. It becomes addictive after a while. I'm into my 2nd week & it's great :smile:
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    But today is day #4 in a row that I have exercised. This has NEVER happened. Y'all, I'm being serious...I've always been too lazy.

I know it's not much per day...but I'm actually moving instead of sitting on the couch. Day #4 & each day I'm improving, either by going longer or increasing the intensity of the workout. I mean it's 10:15, I was already getting ready for bed, but I made myself get up and get on the eliptical. Definitely time for a bubble bath now!

Now I just need y'all to help keep me going :) Feel free to add me as a friend!

I agree, don't sell yourself short! Any positive change, no matter how small, is still a victory against sitting-on-your-butt-itus. Which I am currently still trying to cure myself of ;)
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    This IS a big deal! Congrats on the motivation - hope you keep it up! :)