Starting insanity today, who's in ?!

Options
Hi everyone,

this will be my 2nd round of insanity.. I completed my first round after I had my son last may. I completed it by September 2012, with great results! I lost 15lbs, unfortunately didn't keep pictures or measurements recorded. This time around I am mainly focused on completing each workout without the modifications since I have been exercising regularly .. I also keep track of my measurements on a regular basis(2-3 weeks) . I only want to lose 15lbs to my FINAL goal so I know the same results aren't going to come off like my first round. I will be taking progress pictures, I'm a firm believer that pictures and measurements are the best way to show what I've done!! Please feel free to join or add any other comments! Also, we have a wedding August 31- so this has to be done, no excuses here!! :-)

&& for those who want to know I'm 5'1, my weight is 128

Replies

• JenHorsmon
    JenHorsmon Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wow. You had really great results from your first round. I am planning on starting Insanity tonight. I am hoping for similair results as you had gotten.

I'm 5'8" and weigh 147lbs.
  • squirrlt
    squirrlt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I actually started Insanity yesterday, but Mondays will have to be my one weekly day off since I work 10 hour on that day, so my real day 2 will be tomorrow. I used to do Crossfit and kettlebell, but have fallen off the wagon for over a year due an injury and gained a ton of weight due to lack of sleep and eating badly. I was excited that the first workout was really intense, and I didn't even have to go to a gym so I have no excuses whatsoever. I thought since it's a 60 day program, I could at least commit myself to that and get back on track. I'm eating better too! Not the Insanity nutrition plan exactly, but close.

Kstarter, I'm glad it worked out so well for you the first time, and Jen best of luck!

I need to lose 45 lbs! Hopefully this gives me a jump start.
  • christimccarty
    Options
    I'm starting a round of it tonight too. Fit test!!!! whoop!
  • laceylynn3
    laceylynn3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm buying the DVD's and want to start soon. I'm not good at sticking with exercise. I read some posts on clean eating boards where people had great results. Good luck to all of you. I will check back when I get my DVD's.
  • JenHorsmon
    JenHorsmon Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well, I finished the fit test yesterday, and it wasn't too bad. I was sweating like crazy...but it felt good. Today is the Plyometric Cardio DVD. Hopefully, it won't kick my butt too hard. :o)

Is anyone else trying to follow the nutrition guidelines from Insanity? I started following that meal plan on Monday to see if I can get better results, faster. So, I guess I'm wondering if anyone has had luck with doing the workout and nutrition plans.
  • christimccarty
    Options
    I would love to do the nutrition plan. But I am the WORST person about going to to the grocery store AND then not letting things go to waste in my fridge! I have a bit of a science background... so I have a pretty good foundation on nutrition... its just the store part of the equation! lol... :-/ I looked through the guide though and I think it would be great to use! You will definitely get better results eatting plenty of food for fuel and fresh/homemade.

Oh and it should totally kick your butt!!! :)
  • SCouture421
    Options
    I started insainty 5 days ago! I am SO SORE!! Let me know how it goes!!! :smile:
  • squirrlt
    squirrlt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I guess you could say I loosely follow the nutrition plan. Well, I skimmed through it at took what I liked out of it. I am doing 5, 300-ish calorie meals (total 1500 cals). I shoot for 110 grams of protein based on 1 gm per lb of lean body mass, and drinking at least 8 cups of water. The big difference is, I'm keeping my carbs under 60 grams and eliminated grains/legumes/processed foods (basically eating primal).

I am only day 4 and have lost 3.6#, 1" off the waist, woooohoooo! I was hoping my diet strategy would help bypass that dreaded first month weight retention from muscle shock I keep hearing about with this program. So far, so good!

I don't really attribute the weight loss to the Insanity workouts, I'm pretty sure that if it's not water weight, it's due to the diet. I am doing insanity mostly to burn a few extra calories and preserve/build lean body mass, so hopefully I'll look toned once I get rid of this big layer of fat I have accumulated.