Why cant I lose wait... HELP ME please!

Options
I have been using my fitness pal app for over a month now , and although some of my food that I am eating is quite **** I still have been sticking to my calorie goal of 1200 on bad days max 1400 , I have never watch what I ate like this for this period of time , on top of that I have been exercising for about 6 weeks now , and I have never done any exercise since I left primary school! so this is all new to me and the weight is falling off alot slower then I predicted. Iv lost only 2kgs in roughly 5 weeks. any ideas why? is there anyway I can speed the process up.I have 15kgs to lose total

Replies

• IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Have you checked your BMR? Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) quantifies the number of calories your body burns in its idle state. It is a stricter form of Resting Metabolic Rate, measuring calorie consumption in complete inactivity, about 12 hours after your last meal.

There is also TDEE, Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) quantifies the number of calories you burn in a day. This measure is best estimated by scaling your Basal Metabolic Rate to your level of activity. TDEE is critical in tailoring your nutrition plan to desired fitness goals.

I've set my calories by this and adjusted as and when I feel I need to.

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It would be useful if you could make your diary open to the public then we can help a little more ! :)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about what the scale says , take pics weekly/monthly to track your progress . Chances are you have lost some fat and gained some muscle therefore you have a better body composition. Give it a few more months and you will see what I mean about body composition .
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you ARE losing weight, 2kg in 5 weeks is a good rate of loss... with only 15kg to lose you dont want to be losing any faster.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    you ARE losing weight, 2kg in 5 weeks is a good rate of loss... with only 15kg to lose you dont want to be losing any faster.

Listen to The Toad. 2kg in 5 weeks is good stuff. You lose even slower as you approach goal.
  • freckletone
    Options
    Totally, 4lb in 5 week is NOT bad going! you may hear about people losing 2lb or 3lb a week, maybe more but those people generally usually either have a lot more weight to lose OR they are following a healthy regime to the letter. You have stated that you are still eating rubbish stuff but keeping within the calories. Whilst keeping within the calories is good you still need to make sure your carb and sugar intake isn't high, that's what can slow down the weight loss process
    Well done on exercising, that's always important also
    but if you're very serious about losing weight you will need to cut down on the rubbish stuff significantly

but otherwise, great going on the 4lb :D best of luck
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

Listen to The Toad. 2kg in 5 weeks is good stuff. You lose even slower as you approach goal.
    Yep, this.
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    4 pounds in 5 weeks is great! Have patience, you didn't gain them overnight, you can't loose them overnight! Openning profile and finding some supportive friends would help as well.
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    2 pounds in 5 weeks is great! Have patience, you didn't gain them overnight, you can't loose them overnight! Openning profile and finding some supportive friends would help as well.

It could help, but the OP doesn't necessarily need help, considering the regime is working.

Suggestions to open one's profile from people with nothing specific to offer and with poor English skills, up to you.
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    2 pounds in 5 weeks is great! Have patience, you didn't gain them overnight, you can't loose them overnight! Openning profile and finding some supportive friends would help as well.

It could help, but the OP doesn't necessarily need help, considering the regime is working.

Suggestions to open one's profile from people with nothing specific to offer and with poor English skills, up to you.

I have to offer my support and you your grumpiness. Who wins? Some suggestions are better then none suggestions.
    P.S. Try learning my mother tongue half as good as I speak yours.
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    I apologise for my English crack. It was a low blow and I wish I had not typed it.