Here's how I lost 115 pounds

Options

Replies

• k150237
    k150237 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Very amazing! You worked very hard for this. Thank you for sharing your inspiring story.
  • KeishaJo
    KeishaJo Posts: 45
    Options
    What a PHENOMINAL Post! You go!!!!! You should be SO PROUD OF YOURSELF!
  • manders376
    manders376 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Amazing! thanks for sharing :)
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thanks for sharing
  • Cannon_G
    Cannon_G Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I salute your journey !! Awesome job. Our 'statistics' (well your beginning stats) are a mirror image of mine with the height exception. I am just into my third week and can only hope that I will have the success you are having.
    I might have missed the question if it was asked but what was your daily calorie intake (if you remember) when you were starting off ? Did you go by MFP or did you go by your own rules ? In addition to your cardio did you do any type of strength training ?
    Sorry for all the questions but reading about your life change has me quite encouraged !!

Thanks! I never logged my calorie intake when I was dropping the weight. If I were to gues I would think I was right under 2,000 a day. I never did any strength training in the first 4 months. I didn't join a real gym until I was down 80 pounds. Once we joined a gym though I started taking a strength class 1-2 times a week. I recommend combining strength training with what ever other exercise you are doing. The stronger you are the less likely injuries will pop up and slow your progress down. The more muscles you have also helps burn calories throughout the day. I also started doing a protein shake after strength training. There is a misconception that whey protein will make you big and bulky but I found that it helped produce lean muscle and toned me. When I started I was around a 56" chest, today I am right around a "41 chest.

Good luck, if I can help out let me know.
  • Cannon_G
    Options
    This is a fantastic post and a truly inspirational story!
    (This is an example of the forums at their very best)

Good Work!

Thanks!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hats off to you!! Be proud! You look great and healthy! Awesome job! Thanks for sharing:-)
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i loved reading your story! you are doing a wonderful job and should be proud of taking care of yourself and setting a healthy example for your family.
  • Cannon_G
    Options
    Man, that's great! I wish I'd been taking daily photos over the past few months but I had my driver's licence photo retaken back in Feb '13 and my head looked like a giant meatball, so that's something. I can use that as an example of my starting point (that photo was a big factor in my rock bottom/breaking point). I'm totally going to start the daily photos tonight.

I did my first 5k last month and had to walk a good portion of it due to horrible, horrible instant blisters. I'll definitely do more in the future with the hope of running the entire thing/improving my time. Congrats on it all, it must feel great to be a healthy example for your kids!

Thanks, you should look into the Galloway run-walk-run method. By alternating short intervals of walking and running many folks can actually finish faster and fresher than if they run the entire thing. I started with :30 run and then :45 of walking but over time worked up to a 3:1 minute walk/run ratio. After my half I decided to push it back to a :30/:30 ratio and was able to run faster times compared to my 3/1.

As for the blisters you might have luck with a product called body glide. I have used it on my feet for LNG runs on hot days and it works well.

Good luck, you can do it.
  • Cannon_G
    Options
    You, Sir, deserve more than 300 standing ovations.

Thank you so much for sharing your story. :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the kind words!
  • Cannon_G
    Options
    Very amazing! You worked very hard for this. Thank you for sharing your inspiring story.

Thanks!
  • Cannon_G
    Options
    What a PHENOMINAL Post! You go!!!!! You should be SO PROUD OF YOURSELF!

Thanks!
  • Charlesray1943
    Charlesray1943 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I cannot imagine how great you feel! Thank you for sharing such a personal and motivating story!
  • Nenusky
    Nenusky Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Now this is abso-freaking-lutely amazing! Thank you so much for sharing.
  • mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    What an amazing and inspiring story!!! Great job! My 40th birthday is in November and that was what fueled me to start losing weight too...I promised myself that I would be fit for 40...:smile: !
    Congrats on your success! :flowerforyou:
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What an amazing achievement for you. =) I, too, am running the Disneyland half in August (the Dumbo Double Dare actually). I'll be the one at the half dressed as Timothy Q Mouse =)
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!!! I am having a week of wanting to rebel and eat what I want, but you have given me the willpower to carry one and not cheat. I must admit I am doing a C25K and sometimes I come home with sore calfs, having run in the rain and wind and think I must be mad. But after reading your topic, I know I'm not mad, I just want to be healther and fitter. Well done you are definately an inspiration and I will be trying to take photo's after my running and hopefully I will see the results over the days and weeks and months just as you have.

You are a Star :happy:
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Look how handsome you are :) Great loss, wonderful pictures! Glad to hear you did it for you.
  • ajominy
    ajominy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You should be so proud of yourself. I know first hand how hard work and dedication pay off! Bravo!
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!