Night time snack

Options
What do you think is the best snack to have if your hungry and hour or so before you go to bed?
I usually have a serving of Emerald coco almonds and a lo fat yogurt, or an apple and sting cheese.
Any other ideas so I can mix it up alittle?

Replies

• Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I dont eat for two hours before I go to bed. BUT If I were to have a snack say, two to three hours before, it would be wholegrain toast and slow sugar fruit spread with a cup of hot tea;
  • projectbam
    projectbam Posts: 55
    Options
    Ryvita Pumpkin Seed Cracker with Turkey Breast, Slice of Swiss Cheese and Avocado :)) a great pre-bedtime snack with a good mix of protein/ carbs and healthy fats.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Provided you don't have any issues with sleep/digestion due to late night eating my answer would be:

Whatever fits your remaining calories and macros.
  • jjay23
    jjay23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Ryvita Pumpkin Seed Cracker with Turkey Breast, Slice of Swiss Cheese and Avocado :)) a great pre-bedtime snack with a good mix of protein/ carbs and healthy fats.

I Want to eat that right now! off to the shops it is
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I always have a snack in the evening. I plan for it. Sometimes it may be popcorn, cereal or crackers and milk. I sleep better with something small on my stomach. I don't eat a full meal late but not because of weight because I just don't like to eat heavy late but that is just me.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Provided you don't have any issues with sleep/digestion due to late night eating my answer would be:

I'll go with this one..
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I've just had a yummy & clean dessert. It's quick and easy!

Chocolate Mousse

1/2 Avocado
    1 tsp cocoa
    2 tsp Nativa (natural sweetener)

Mash avocado & mix altogether into a mousse. I added 1g of desiccated coconut tonight too! Yummy! :smile:

Or else I usually have a rye crispibread with natural 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter!
  • AnsiStar
    AnsiStar Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I like to have some cottage cheese and protein powder or some almonds to go with an unsweetened hot cocoa :) Helps me relax
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I have hot chocolate. Or warm milk with some spices in it if I'm a bit high on my calories. It's my treat! I love warm milk to put me to sleep. Maybe not the healthiest though. Sometimes I'll have an REAL nightcap too. I love some whiskey on ice. My husband likes scotch. Again, maybe not the healthiest. Plain popcorn, frozen yogurt, seeds, dried fruit, edamame, and bananas come to mind for foods that will help you sleep and are healthy.

Still doesn't sound as good as a hot chocolate though. :devil:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever sounds good and that I have in the house. Sometimes it's walnuts and string cheese, sometimes it's a snack cake.
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I like to keep sugar free fudgescicles for those late night snacks. When I am not really hungry but think I need something. I buy the junior sized ones, they are the single pops, and only 40 calories. It is almost as good as ice cream and way less calories.

Popcorn is another good one. Fruit, I also like to have Kelloggs Krave cereal if I am in a just need to pick at something mood. I am a chocoholic and the double chocolate cereal is 120 cal for 2/3 of a cup. I eat it dry, picking up each little pillow of cereal one by one.

I do have to agree, that you have to look at what is going to fit into your calories for the day.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options

I'll go with this one..

I'll go with this one too. There are no "right" foods to eat, only the ones that fit and that you enjoy/won't give you issues.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I also typically eat cocoa roast almonds (Emerald or Blue Diamond, depending on which is cheaper) and fruit.