Confused

Options
Ok guys, i eat health and have done so here since may. i am close to my goal weight, actually pass it ;) but wanted a few extra kgs gone. i have noticed that i usually eat 1300-1400 daily, but the last few times i ate 1500 i would actually drop like 1kg the next day. take yesterday, i ate extra and i weighed in 1.1kg lighter today. my diary is on public so u can see what i eat. anyone know why?

Replies

• ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Because 1500 is your GOAL, as in, your body needs that to keep going. Any less and your body doesn't work at its optimum level. So (I say this a lot on here) Eat!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    How often are you weighing yourself?
    Your weight fluctuates normally anyway - so it isn't too weird.

I try to weigh myself at the same time of day, once a week. If I weigh more than that I notice fluctuations up and down between .5 lb to 2 lb daily.
  • steve8113
    steve8113 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i made it my own goal, mfp actually had me on 1300. so i am eating :D trust me, feels like i never stop.
  • steve8113
    Options
    How often are you weighing yourself?
    Your weight fluctuates normally anyway - so it isn't too weird.

I try to weigh myself at the same time of day, once a week. If I weigh more than that I notice fluctuations up and down between .5 lb to 2 lb daily.

i usually weight in a few times a week but only 1 to add to this site on fri morns. i usually weigh in before i know i will eat extra just to get a feel. im playing around with everything so when i hit maintenance i know what i need. just that the few times i have eaten more there has been a big jump
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    i made it my own goal, mfp actually had me on 1300. so i am eating :D trust me, feels like i never stop.
    Well, MFP is kinda crazy then, because that really should be your minimum (based on your age/gender, not taking into account your activity level)
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Well, MFP is kinda crazy then, because that really should be your minimum (based on your age/gender, not taking into account your activity level)
    [/quote]

Yep, crazy because it has me at 1200 calories per day but my scale won't move unless I get in at least 1350, more if I get in some good exercise that day.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this was already mentioned ( no time - cannot read the whole thread) but are you drinking at least 8 glasses of water everyday? It's very important!
    As soon as I started drinking the right amount of water I started loosing wgt!

Good luck to you
  • steve8113
    Options
    Sorry if this was already mentioned ( no time - cannot read the whole thread) but are you drinking at least 8 glasses of water everyday? It's very important!
    As soon as I started drinking the right amount of water I started loosing wgt!

Good luck to you

Yeah water isnt a problem as i have always carried a water bottle with me, its a habit. im just totally lost because if anything i shoulve retained water. also i am trying to ease into maintenance as i am 1.72m tall and 67kg, no need to lose weight really, maybe just the last 1 or 2kgs. but not totally fussed as my goal was 69.9 lol