HI and PLEASE HELP...I'M WUSSING OUT!

Options
Hi all you fitness pal friends! I just recently started back on here and I'm trying to have consistent workouts- problem is, I've stopped and I don't know why. Please help me with a word of encouragement or feigned azz kicking to get back in the ring! I feel so good when I work out, just need a push (or a shove).

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU- I hope some of you have been here too and I'll return the favor happily!

Jude :embarassed:

Replies

• MyFitnessGuy
    Options
    Jude,

Please read this. Hopefully it will help give you ideas and motivation. Let me know if I can help ok?

http://myfitnessguy.wordpress.com/fitness/my-top-10-ways-to-lose-weight/
  • Crystleen
    Crystleen Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    GET YOUR BUTT MOVING GIRL!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! PUSH THROUGH IT, IT WILL GET EASIER IN TIME, JUST HAVE TO TAKE CONTROL AND TELL YOURSELF NOTHING IS GOING TO GET IN MY WAY!!! :bigsmile:
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    maybe you stopped because it wasn't fun...what do you really want to do? try some crazy stuff until you find something you love. I even saw a family on tv that took circus classes together! there are bellydancing classes everyone, pole dancing classes (major strength workout), hula hoop fitness, zumba, cycling, nia, martial arts, sports, aquafit, and so on...
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    Shove....Shove......Shove....... Yea It's me Shoving you out the door to the gym or down your steps to the basement to do your workouts. You have to get your mind ready to do some HARD WORK !!! Get your butt off the coach and put the bag of chips and soda in the trash. Let s get a new note book and rewrite your goals.Make your workout count and keep your food intake in order.You have to start Strong. You can Thank me later. Oh by the way..... Welcome Back...
  • MyFitnessGuy
    Options
    You can't go into something "winging it" and expect results. I struggled with this for 15 years until I finally had the right mindset and got a PLAN together. This is what I talk about on my Blog and that's the first step. I don't care what exercise "program" someone chooses, it has to start with a plan and a desire to change. Both are critical in the process to obtain a goal.

I've been there, done that. Tough love here but folks, unless you have an absolute passion in your heart and soul to change your life you will never do it. Nobody else can work out for you. It comes from within.

Find it!

You can do it girl.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Things to try.
    Blogging. Write down what your are feeling and why. Make a plan.
    Get a new toy. I got a pedometer to motivate me to move more. Don't need a gym and can be done anywhere. Get one for a friend and compete.
    Play on the wii. I recommend wii fit plus. Try for new levels.
    Switch up the music no your ipod and find a treadmill to burn some calories on.
    Get into a house cleaning mode: vaacume floors, wash walls, paint.
    Get a pilates video, or check them out on like. I like Utube Katrina Pilates.
    Go find a farm stand to get fresh fruit and vegetables from and enjoy something different.
    Ok I've run out, but someone else might have more ideas.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Just remember 3 things:
    1. How you feel after a good, intense workout
    2. How you look when you're in shape
    3. How many more calories you can eat!
  • mmellor
    mmellor Posts: 146
    Options
    All I can say is that you can't go back, only forward...so don't beat yourself up about not getting to your workout today and commit to yourself that tomorrow is a new beginning! One day at a time...if you commit to be active everyday in 1 month you will look back and be healthier then you are today and probably lighter!! Good luck, enjoy your journey!
  • mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I know words of encouragement help and all, but I have to say, it starts with you. You HAVE to want the change, you HAVE to desire the goals and you HAVE to have the willpower to go in, get the job done, and keep it up. Keep telling yourself this is it you've had enough, and it's time for a change. When it's late, you're in the gym, you have to be able to push through the soreness, all the pain and sweat, and on occasion the blood and tears. Find a goal. A huge goal. For me, it's living past 50, not having heart failure or diabetes that runs in my family, and living to be able to run and play with my grand kids. It's about getting my dream job and being good at it. You CAN do this, and you WILL meet your goals. Get in the gym, and after a week or two of good solid efforts, not missing any workouts, it'll be like 2nd nature to you.
  • FlashBang
    FlashBang Posts: 136
    Options
    Only first step is hard, the rest is empowering. Make yourself take the first step the rest will follow.
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have those kinda days too--but keep with it! Find something fun that won't feel like working out. Change things up a bit and know that you have friends to help motivate
  • lattegirl
    Options
    I've found it helps to actually put it in my schedule, like a dentist appointment - you wouldn't skip out on those as well as just walking to do errands when at all possible. If I don't go to the gym in the morning then I make myself walk to work which is over an hour walk - I'll get a bit of exercise in one way or another.

Keep at it - it's TOTALLY WORTH IT and you feel SOOO good about yourself once you go!
  • heyjude78
    Options
    Wow, I'm soooo thankful for everyone's encouragement and great ideas....I did (finally) get back to the gym yesterday and did 6 miles on the elliptical. Seriously, a huge hug to all of you- thanks again.

j