I hope this week goes well.

Options
This week, I'm eating back all of my exercise calories. I normally only eat them back partially. It's not a big difference since I only walk, but it is an extra 150 or so calories a day.

I'm trying this because last week I had some stress, and ended up eating a bit over each day (but also exercised a bit less), but I had a decent loss. I'm not sure whether this is despite of or because of the added calories.

I enjoy having a bit of extra calories each day, and because it feels less strict, it feels more like natural eating, which I want to work on. Also, I stuck jello pudding mix in a 16 oz. tub of greek yogurt and inadvertently created crack, so there's that too.

Replies

• bullsfan22
    bullsfan22 Posts: 104
    Options
    This week, I'm eating back all of my exercise calories. I normally only eat them back partially. It's not a big difference since I only walk, but it is an extra 150 or so calories a day.

I'm trying this because last week I had some stress, and ended up eating a bit over each day (but also exercised a bit less), but I had a decent loss. I'm not sure whether this is despite of or because of the added calories.

I enjoy having a bit of extra calories each day, and because it feels less strict, it feels more like natural eating, which I want to work on. Also, I stuck jello pudding mix in a 16 oz. tub of greek yogurt and inadvertently created crack, so there's that too.

Let us know that's for sure. Trial and error, everyone has to find out what works best for them.
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    At worst, you will not experience any loss this week.
    At best, you will lose more than you thought you would.
    Either way, let us know how it goes! I'm sure you will have a good surprise. More often than not, we don't eat enough for the amount of activity that we do.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    At worst, you will not experience any loss this week.
    At best, you will lose more than you thought you would.
    Either way, let us know how it goes! I'm sure you will have a good surprise. More often than not, we don't eat enough for the amount of activity that we do.
    Even staying the same would be a win in my book because I've had weeks where I've done everything perfectly, but didn't lose. If I can eat more and have the same thing happen, I'll continue this habit and see what happens next week.