Plateau - Help?

Options
Hello everyone. I have not been able to loose weight in over 6 weeks. I have stayed the same. Could you look at my journal and give me some feedback? I do not log my workouts, but I do Crossfit 3-5x a week, and other cardio type workouts 3x a week. I am very frustrated and need help!! ;)

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Not fueling your body. Do a search for TDEE, BMR, read up on it and make a decision to help yourself.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough. You should not have so many calories over in a day (unless you're saving them for something).

There's also a lot of processed/"low fat" options in there - your body needs some fat. Why not make an omlette with whole eggs, have some nuts as a snack, grill some "regular" meat and enjoy with a jacket potato. Its not bad (though I only looked at a couple of days), but I think you could find small changes = big difference.

As long as you eat (most of) your exercsie calories.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    1200 cals!
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Eat!!!
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Doing such strenuous workouts like Crossfit require that you fuel your body. If you keep going this hard with so few calories, there's the potental for adrenal and metabolic derangement. I fear that years of eating low calorie while training too hard has message up my hormones and metabolism. Don't be like me!

Check out the blog eattoperform.com. It's got a lot of nutrition advice for people who do CF, including a calculator for TDEE. They will tell you to eat about double what you're eating now.

In my very uneducated opinion, I would suggest eating AT LEAST 1800 calories on training days, upping protein to at least 100g. More carbs, too.
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I agree with others FUEL YOUR BODY
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised you haven't hit the wall out of sheer exhaustion while eating so little and doing Crossfit. Gotta fuel that furnace if you want it to burn.

Definitely eat more.
  • medicamina
    medicamina Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow. That was not at all what I was expecting to hear! :) It terrifies me to think about eating more and losing weight. What if I really have messed up my metabolism like a poster mentioned? Would it fix itself with eating a little more?
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Read this: http://thefitcoach.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/584/

Anecdotally, I had been stuck at between 220 and 222 for a little over a month, eating 2200 calories, and about 150 grams of protein. I followed Jordan's advice in the above article which had me increasing calories to 2800 and increasing protein to 250 grams a day. I started that on Sunday. I weighed 216.8 lbs this morning.
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Wow. That was not at all what I was expecting to hear! :) It terrifies me to think about eating more and losing weight. What if I really have messed up my metabolism like a poster mentioned? Would it fix itself with eating a little more?

Probably not. You'll probably have to eat a _lot_ more to get your body to quit hanging on to everything it sees for dear life. Crossfit is pretty intense, and if you're not fueling yourself properly then you will not get the results you are looking for. Also, given that it looks like you're only trying to lose about 10-ish more lbs, anything more than a small deficit will be counter productive.

I know it doesn't make any "sense", but that's the way our bodies work.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I lost my last 10lbs (and many inches, plenty of fat and dropped a full pants size) while eating 1800+ calories a day. Best success I've had has been since eating according to the info and tools in this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

It's a long post, but great info and worth the time to read through it and understand it. Took me about five read throughs to wrap my head around it, but I'm so glad I did!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I lost my last 10lbs (and many inches, plenty of fat and dropped a full pants size) while eating 1800+ calories a day. Best success I've had has been since eating according to the info and tools in this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

It's a long post, but great info and worth the time to read through it and understand it. Took me about five read throughs to wrap my head around it, but I'm so glad I did!

Thanks for posting this.