10lbs a month

Options
Is that ok? When I started in August I joined the lose 5lbs in August challenge and thought that would be a good goal. I weigh myself every day (i know, i know) and lately I have been down a few ounces every day. I am not complaining at all but I just want to make sure I am doing what is healthy.

I eat 1200 calories a day and eat most of my exercise calories. I started August 1st and was 157 today I am147.5 and should be under that for my Sunday weigh in.

I know our weight fluctuates but it is odd to see a drop daily. again NOT complaining :wink:

For example this week

Weight 08/22/10 151.7

Weight 08/23/10 150.4

Weight 08/24/10 149.3

Weight 08/25/10 149

Weight 08/27/10 147.5

My diet is pretty good. I am not often hungry and have the odd off day. I just need some reassurance that this is normal and just the results of strict calorie counting and exercise.

Weight 08/26/10 148.4

Replies

• reesegirl521
    Options
    I am def. not an expert but I did notice that when I dropped down from 1400 to 1200 calories, I have seen a steady decline daily. And, like you, I do eat my exercise calories. I figure if I'm following the food plan outlined and not hungry, then I can just celebrate!!
  • angelascott919
    Options
    My average is about 10 lbs a month. I've been back on MFP for nearly three months and have lost 29.1 as of my last weigh-in last sunday. At 2 lbs a week that is about right. Of course it is a little more but it doesn't sound like you are losing it too quickly. Keep up the good work. I would suggest trying to not weigh every day, it can be a motivator but it can also be discouraging.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I am definitely not an expert or anything, but I think the 10 pound loss within a month is okay. I don't think that you will lose 10 pounds again next month only because your body will be adjusting to your new lifestyle. Right now is probably a shock to your system which is why you are losing weight so quickly. Soon your body will get used to the shock, get used to the calorie adjustment and increased activity level. You will obviously still lose weight but just not as fast. At least.. I think so but I'm no doctor!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    It seems OK to me as well. I agree that you will not continue to see that rapid weight loss so take while you can. You do not have a tremendous amount of weight to lose so you will probably see it slowing down some.

Congratulations!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Just speaking from my own experience, weight loss seems to come in waves. It's so encouraging to watch the scale drop, but when it stops for a week we get devistated. With women there is the hormone fluxes that create water gain,,... I observe my weight on my wii fit goes up and down daily, but I have a month weigh in that is always down by 5 pounds. I would love 10 but I am happy with a consistant 5 pounds a month as I can't always exercise.
    What was I saying? Right, 10 pounds is great but if your progress slows find a way to celebrate your consistancy and determination and don't get discouraged.
  • Katarah
    Katarah Posts: 11
    Options
    you are doing great. It comes off slow. but it stays off that way.
  • orangegalt
    Options
    i lost 50 lbs in 5 months. one thing you may want to consider--i'm told this is related to the pace at which you lose weight--i now have disgusting, saggy breasts. it's like there's the same amount of skin, but much less mass inside it. if you saw them detached from me, i wouldn't be able to convince you that they belonged to a 24-year old.
    :(
  • Katarah
    Options
    Hi.. hope you are having a good week end. I was just wondering you mentioned... odd off day... is that something you do as part of your diet.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Hi.. hope you are having a good week end. I was just wondering you mentioned... odd off day... is that something you do as part of your diet.

Thanks. The odd off day isn't really something I planned but my sister was visiting and there was a day or 2 for a couple weeks where I was well over my calories. I splurged a little but only one day a week and got back on track the next day. I am planning one for my birthday in a few weeks :wink:
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    How I wish I could lose like that. When I was younger that is how I lost weight, never needed to lose more than about 10lbs in those days. Now I have my calories set at 1,000 as per doctors orders, trying Not to eat exercise calories again on his orders & still having difficulty losing! It has taken me over 3 months to lose 11lbs!!! (Also influenced by meds & health issues I think).10lbs per month seems reasonable for as long as possible. Good luck.