what are your food allergies?

Options
I am allergic to apples, plums and cherries. Does anyone else have any "strange" food allergies? Do you eat the foods you are allergic to anyway? Just curious :happy:
Have a great day!

Replies

• Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am allergic to peaches and celery. Odd. And since I have gone gluten free (by choice), I have noticed sensitivities to tree nuts, peanut butter (but not whole peanuts) and most fruit....
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to fish. I can eat tuna, though, as long as it's with a little bit of mayo. Tuna and sweetcorn sandwiches are LUSH! I sometimes sneak in a few raisins, if I have some. Sounds odd but really, there's only a slight difference between sweetcorn and raisins. Try it! :D
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Raw bananas. I can eat banana bread and even in pancakes.. But not just a peeled banana. Sucks because I really like them.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I never had a food allergy until I went on a cruise with my husband where I tried honey dew for the first time (I know, crazy huh??). It was soooo good and I couldn't believe I hadn't tried it before then. But after only eating 2-3 small chunks, I noticed my tongue and mouth feeling weird. So I think I'm allergie to honey dew :frown:
  • beeheatherbee
    Options
    I am allergic to corn (and all deriviatives, quite severe), soy, peanuts, pistachio, gluten, rice, peaches, peppers, garlic, onion, lettuce... there's more.
    I don't eat my allergens because they've caused severe reactions. I can't breathe if most of them are around me. Scary!
    If I eat gluten I don't go anaphylactic or get short of breath or hives. I just get terrible stomach pain and dizziness...that's a different sort of sensitivity.
    Trying to diet when allergic to the universe is TOUGH (corn is in everything, everywhere!)
    I'm doing ok with it anyway though :)
  • lrberchielli
    Options
    I am allergic to shellfish. Pretty strange since I grew up eating it and developed the allergy at the age of 32. It happened after an Italian Christmas eve dinner (mussels, shrimp, and a few others to start the evening off). I thought it was a fluke and tried it again but quickly developed symptoms that made me resemble something out of a horror film-Frankenstein like. Now my husband can't even come near me if he has had any.
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, kiwi, mango, soy... Nope, do not ever intentionally eat them, as I am partial to being alive...
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    just found out that I can't have dairy, soy and possibly wheat. just trying to learn how to eat again since those thngs seem to be in many things.

How do I eat bread? is there bread out there that I can eat?
  • Notsocorny
    Options
    Allergy to corn. It stinks. Anyone else?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    certain dairy products....totally blocks my airway ..whats somewhat funny is I ate them all my life and took benadryl thinking it was an allergy to grass benadryl didnt work it was all in my mind..so one day this past spring I went for icecream and couldnt sleep for two days I just couldnt breathe so a light bulb went off in my head and since I stopped having certain products ...i can finally breathe....cutting out the amount of milk i drink has helped dramatically no more glasses for me ...soy milk all the way
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I used to have a reaction to seafood. I grew up eatting all kinds of fresh seafood on the west coast. At about 30 I was living in AZ and my eyes started to swell closed when I ate it. Occasionally I would try it, and have the same results. I tried it at 44 on the east coast and had no reaction! Still no reaction to seafood at 47. Very strange. I do however seem to have a sensitivity to wheat products. I get horrible heartburn when I eat it.
  • smartblawnd
    Options
    im allergic to peaches, pears. plums, nectarines, and apples. The list seems to keep growing as i get older. I have found that if i take 2 bennadryl before eating them i only have minor throat irritation. I still eat peaches. They were my favorite fruit and i just cant resist that peachy smell :)
  • hellofitnesss
    Options
    I am allergic to eggs and broccoli. Totally unfair!
  • supermanfan1986
    Options
    My allergy is kinda weird... I'm lactose intolerant and thought that i was allergic to dairy for a while because my throat would only swell sometimes, but always with dairy products.
    Last summer I drank a mango juice fruit drink and my throat swelled up pretty bad. I'm not allergic to mangos so I checked the label for dairy. and ta-da found my food allergy, It's whey protein, also, commonly found in dairy products. So no lactose pills for me. I just avoid all dairy in the off chance that whey protein is included.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Wheat and gluten... although not as bad as it sounds - just have to watch out for it hiding in sauces and suchlike. I've pretty much got it down to a T now after so many years! And no.... I'd not risk it, I end up with the most vile stomach cramps and in bed for days!
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I don't have any that I know, and I feel incredibly blessed.... But one of my cousins is dating a girl who is allergic to every single fruit except bananas. I would cry. For days.